Open all photos in Affinity Photo

sjmcnz

Open all photos in Affinity Photo

Post by sjmcnz »

Hi Guys - I want to be able to open all photos, jpegs,Canon RAW etc... in Affinity Photo. How do I do this? Currently only opnes Affinity Photos in that programme. Thanks
Hert

Re: Open all photos in Affinity Photo

Post by Hert »

First of all, a warm welcome to the forum.

Are you using Affinity 1 then in the Preferences->Other Settings->External Applications you can add Affinity1 as an external application.

The new Affinity2 is different because Affinity2 is no longer a standard installed application, but is now a Windows Store App. A Windows Store App runs inside its own sandbox and you cannot select it as a application. The way to do it is to create a batch file.

Copy/paste the batch below to a text editor (Notepad) and save it as (eg) Affinity2.bat
Then select this saved batch file in Preferences -> Other Settings -> External Applications.

Code: Select all

@echo off
set Params=
:loop
  set Params=%Params% %1
  shift
  if not "%~1"=="" goto loop

start /b affinityphoto2.exe %Params%
exit
Does that help?
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message
dpaine

Post by dpaine »

Thanks, Hert. I know I would have bumped into this change soon, so it's nice to get it resolved before I have a future panic situation.
sjmcnz

Post by sjmcnz »

Thanks Hert but it doesn't work for me - PS7 will open affinity files in version 2, no problem. Still not able to open CR3, JPEG etc... in Affinity though...
Hert

Post by Hert »

Did you add Affinity as an external application?

If so:
1. Select the thumbnail(s) for the file to open in your external application
2. Click the Affinity icon in the upper right above the thumbnail

Does that help?

As an alternative, you can also drag thumbs to the external application icon in Psu (the same one above the thumbs) to open the files in the application
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message
sjmcnz

Post by sjmcnz »

Got it to work, thanks so much
MarqsM

Post by MarqsM »

Luckily, under heavy backlash from users, Affinity confirmed that they would release standard MSI installers for all v2 apps - including Affinity Photo 2. This means that we would be able to install them as regular Windows apps which would eliminate all these silly problems.

Observe this thread on official Affinity support forum:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index. ... available/