Folder shares: metadata and recipe handling

roboaks

Folder shares: metadata and recipe handling

Post by roboaks »

To my dismay, I discovered that one of the file shares I had setup was omitting the complete metadata from the exported file. This leads me to ask a question that is of considerable consequence in my PS work: I want the file shares that I setup to always to always meet two criteria:
  • All metadata included
  • Recipes applied
My simple question is this: what file share settings, if any, would prevent these criteria from being met?
Hert

Re: Folder shares: metadata and recipe handling

Post by Hert »

First of all: welcome to this forum.
My simple question is this: what file share settings, if any, would prevent these criteria from being met?
If a file share is not active/connected/mounted, then the files are not accessible and PSU will consider that as a "offline" medium. Changes will be saved to the catalog and the image will be marked as "out-of-sync".

After you connect the share again in the operating system then in PSU:
1. go to States -> Out of Sync.
2. Select all the files (Ctrl+A for Windows or Cmd+A for macOS)
3. Right click -> Metadata -> Save metadata to file (or press Ctrl+S on WIndows, Cmd+S on macOS)

As an alternative you can also do a Verify Folder to scan for changes between the file system and the catalog
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message