Working with label tree

PatrickJ

Working with label tree

Post by PatrickJ »

Hi,
I'm new to Photo Supreme, and currently working on migrating my tags (labels) from my previous DAM. The possibilities of creating relationships between labels and automatically add metadata is simply amazing, and it will be of huge help to me once setup properly. Very excited :).

While playing around with the possibilities one question has surfaced - is there any way to edit a parent label and have the changes done apply to all children? I understand selecting multiple labels and do a bulk edit is possible, but selecting all labels in my case is quite cumbersome due to the deep label tree I'm building (currently 100+ clicks would be required before all labels are exposed and can be selected, and more labels are being added).

Or perhaps there is a way to "expand all labels" that I haven't found, so you can easily select all labels that you want to edit? That would be of tremendous help!

Thanks!

/Patrick
snowman1

Re: Working with label tree

Post by snowman1 »

If you are using windows then selecting a high level branch and pressing "*" from the numeric keypad (not shift-8) will fully expand all lower levels. This is a general windows thing, not just in PSU. But if there's a way to escalate the metadata downwards that would probably be a better solution.
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------
G8DHE

Post by G8DHE »

or if you don't have a numeric pad * then alt+right works as well, having just changed laptops ;-)
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)
PatrickJ

Post by PatrickJ »

Cheers - both ways work! I'll be OK with this for now, makes things much simpler! :)

Patrick