Question about Light table....

alan412

Question about Light table....

Post by alan412 »

I am evaluating Photo Supreme, so I put in a small number of images ( 753 ). All images are on a NAS stored as raw images.

When in the timeline view ( 74 images on this particular date), if I select 7 images then it takes it almost 3 seconds for the light table to come up. (If I select more photos it takes longer, if I select fewer it takes less time)

Is there something I need to setup to tell it to use local images or something. This makes using the light table to compare images pretty painful. (or is there another way I should be comparing.). I have attached a screen recording.

Thanks in advance,

Alan
Attachments
Smaller screen recording.mov
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 21 times
Hert

Re: Question about Light table....

Post by Hert »

First of all a warm welcome to the forum.

I tried it here and opening 8 images in the Light Table takes about 1 second. The original files are stored on a network share, connected with (not the fastest) Wifi.

Opening the LT with these many photos is mainly processor power.

I recorded this on a 2020 MacBookAir-M1, 8GB internal memory (entry model).
What is your model?
tia
Attachments
LightTable.mp4
(2.92 MiB) Downloaded 24 times
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message
alan412

Post by alan412 »

I am on a 2018 MBP - 8GB ram, Quad Core i5 (2.3 GHz)

Are your images stored as RAW files?
Hert

Post by Hert »

Good question.
Some RAW file types take longer to load. You appear to use RW2, and RW2 files can contain a preview, but if the preview is too small then PSU will convert the full file. Of course that will be slower.

The LightTable always loads the full-size original image from file. You can opt to switch to Travel Mode to prevent that
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message
alan412

Post by alan412 »

It would be fantastic if there could be an option for LightTable always using preview