Filtering without sub folders

Larry56

Filtering without sub folders

Post by Larry56 »

I have a folder for those photos I'm working on and it has a sub folder to that. When I filter either on 1 star or specific label assignment the subfolder always shows in results. In both cases none of the files in the subfolder have either 1 star or the label assignment. Shouldn't that sub folder be excluded from results?

PSu 7.2.0.4400 on MacOS Monterey 12.4
Hert

Re: Filtering without sub folders

Post by Hert »

Shouldn't that sub folder be excluded from results?
1. Click FOLDERS
2. Drill down to your folder (tip: click the folder name to get the folder only, click the counter to get the folder with all its sub folders)
3. Open the Filter Bar
4. Filter 1 star
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message
Larry56

Post by Larry56 »

Thanks Hert but I think that's what I've been doing. Here's a screen shot of my results.
Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 8.03.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 8.03.26 AM.png (933.69 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
Hert

Post by Hert »

I don't see anything wrong with your screenshot. You have selected a folder, and there is a subfolder that it shows. When you filter then you filter images, not folders
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message
Larry56

Post by Larry56 »

OK. My expectation was that it would only show images that met the filter. In this case 1 star but there are no 1 star images in the subfolder.

In my case I use 1 star to mark those that I want to delete. Having selected All it of course selects the subfolder but thankfully asks if I want to delete the folder too. I don't normally use subfolders in this folder so I'd never had this issue before.
Larry56

Post by Larry56 »

One other problem with this is that when I filter on 1 star the subfolder displays and when I select the 1 star photos and not the subfolder and then select delete the 1 one stars are deleted but then I get a message asking if I want to delete folder too. I did not select that subfolder in the first place so I wouldn't expect PSu to ask about deleting.