Access violation build 7.1.5.4324

Larry56

Access violation build 7.1.5.4324

Post by Larry56 »

I just installed an update PSu v7.1.5.4324 on MacOS Monterey 12.3.1 and every time I delete files I get an Access Violation. The files are deleted but then the spinning beach ball and a few seconds later the Access Violation message pops up. I had it send the first time I saw it. This has happened consecutively each time I deleted files in three different folders.

On a more positive side some photos I imported into with this build had the metadata displayed in jpgss so maybe this new update also addressed my previous issue reported on the forum?

I should note that previously imported jpgs did not display metadata, only new ones imported in PSu.
Hert

Re: Access violation build 7.1.5.4324

Post by Hert »

Larry56 wrote: 24 May 22 17:53I just installed an update PSu v7.1.5.4324 on MacOS Monterey 12.3.1 and every time I delete files I get an Access Violation.
I cannot reproduce this here. Are you still getting such error after restarting the software?
On a more positive side some photos I imported into with this build had the metadata displayed in jpgss so maybe this new update also addressed my previous issue reported on the forum?
Changes in every released build are described here
https://www.idimager.com/what-s-new-in-photo-supreme-v7
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message
Larry56

Post by Larry56 »

Thanks Hert.
Yes I was getting it after compacting the catalogs and restarting the software but today I discovered something else that seems to fix it. The option "When part of a version set...." was checked in the delete dialog box. When I unchecked the box the files deleted without any access violation. I double checked by checking the box again on some other files and received the same access violation message.

I did check the changes in the build and didn't see anything specific to metadata display but know from my own experience sometimes things get fixed by making changes elsewhere. (I never could figure out why in some of those situations.)

Today I imported more images and now they do display the metadata except the first one I click on takes about 7 seconds to display. All the others after that are instantaneous.

Edit. I did a new import but all metadata shows quickly, even the first.
Hert

Post by Hert »

Larry56 wrote: 25 May 22 17:04I did check the changes in the build and didn't see anything specific to metadata display
Maybe you're not checking all the sections of the "what's new" page. There are Additions, Improvements, and Fixes and every of these sections can get new entries when a new build is released.

Fixes.png
Fixes.png (214.04 KiB) Viewed 729 times
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message
Larry56

Post by Larry56 »

Sorry, Hert. I guess I didn't read down the list far enough. Thanks for the fix.

Did you see I figured out (I think) the access violation message fix above?
AlainB

Post by AlainB »

Larry56 wrote: 25 May 22 17:04 Thanks Hert.
Yes I was getting it after compacting the catalogs and restarting the software but today I discovered something else that seems to fix it. The option "When part of a version set...." was checked in the delete dialog box. When I unchecked the box the files deleted without any access violation. I double checked by checking the box again on some other files and received the same access violation message.
I have the same problem, a systematic access violation after deleting a version set.

I find this fix unsatisfactory since the option to delete whole version sets at once is a major Photo Supreme asset in my opinion. This is a major improvement over Media Pro I was using before.
AlainB

Post by AlainB »

The problem is gone after upgrading to last build.