As I am a newbie and I would like to sort my photos (over 130,000 of them 5000 analogue ones without metadata) as soon as possible, I would like to find out / clear up some confusions:
- Is "Label" equivalent to keywords in other programs?
- Where can I find information on how to quickly add labels (keywords) to the photos?
- Is it possible to import keywords / labels?
- According to this forum post: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=23569, it is possible to detect faces, but not to automatically assign people to faces. From what I found it is possible to detect faces by Google AI (paid additionally). Is it possible to detect faces without AI?
- Is it possible to add a new field "Circa Date Created" as it is foreseen in IPTC standard: www iptc org/std/photometadata/documentation/userguide/ (As new user I am not allowed to insert urls. Url has spaces instead of dots)? I have many photos from negatives which do not have dates on them. I would like to sort the photos as accurately as possible. A model to follow in this case - in my opinion - is the Bundesarchiv. The possibility to enter and sort dates such as only the month and/or year (e.g. 1943 ca.) is a great advantage.
- How can I adapt the GUI to a 4K monitor so that the metadata fields and the structure of folders, directories etc. are not so small?
- Often metadata fields do not respond immediately (e.g. original date field), is this normal?