Working with additional apps/ Making the catalogue available to mobile usage

Connor

Working with additional apps/ Making the catalogue available to mobile usage

Post by Connor » 10 Nov 19 14:01

Dear,

are there any experiences for working with other apps - specifically those to make either the catalogue or the files including metadata available to mobile clients?
The idea behind that question ist to have a workflow that enables me to check the phots inside the database and to rate, approve or decline them.
From further finding, I think that Neofinder could be a valid idea for that - are there any experiences or recommendations into that?

Thank you in advance,
best regards,

Connor

G8DHE

Re: Working with additional apps/ Making the catalogue available to mobile usage

Post by G8DHE » 10 Nov 19 14:34

If the database is on or can be copied to the mobile device then "Travel Mode" is what you want.
This is what I do when out with the Laptop this means I have access to all the Metadata and Thumbnails under the main database.
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

Connor

Re: Working with additional apps/ Making the catalogue available to mobile usage

Post by Connor » 10 Nov 19 15:00

G8DHE wrote:
10 Nov 19 14:34
If the database is on or can be copied to the mobile device then "Travel Mode" is what you want.
This is what I do when out with the Laptop this means I have access to all the Metadata and Thumbnails under the main database.
Thank you for your suggestion - from what I understood is that the "Travel Mode" is rather something that I would use on a system where I can install Photo Supreme on. When mentioning "mobile", I was rather thinking towards an iPad or even a phone.
Would that also be a possibility?

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 10 Nov 19 19:49

No there isn't any API to the single user version, if I need to work on the full database then I just VNC into the workstation at home and run the normal interface that can be from a Phone, Laptop or whatever you just need a VNC app for the device your using remote.
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)