How should I add creator info?

Jesperben

How should I add creator info?

Post by Jesperben » 31 Mar 19 15:40

Hi, I hope some of you can help me with a newbie question:

What is the best way to add the name of the photographer in Photo Supreme 4?

I have always used the "Creators" field in teh "Details" pane. But I get a warning telling me this is not a good way to do it.

If I use the "Assign" pane, I don't know how to distinguish between a person on the image and the photographer when I choose a label.

How do you do it?

Best regards
Jesper
Trying to get a lot of old pictures out to the family

Hert

Re: How should I add creator info?

Post by Hert » 31 Mar 19 15:59

Hi Jesper,

Adding it in the Details panel is fine. I don't remember there being a warning for the Creator fields.

The second, and more advanced way is to create a Catalog Label for the Creator and there add the full details in the Catalog Labels's details. then when you assign that catalog label, the details are filled in the metadata after sync.

The third is to use a detail profile in the Details panel that hold the details of the creator. To do that, click the Profiles drop down in the Details panel and there create a new profile to hold the detaisl
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Jesperben

Post by Jesperben » 31 Mar 19 16:48

Hi Hert

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately by mistake I chose not to see this mentioned warning again, so now I can't use the Creators field in the Details panel. Nothing happens when I click - right og left.

Is there a way to undo this mistake - maybe to "reset" the program to factory setting?

Hert

Post by Hert » 31 Mar 19 21:15

In the Help menu of the Hamburger menu there is an option to reset the "don't ask again" questions.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Jesperben

Post by Jesperben » 31 Mar 19 22:12

Thank you, it is obvious - at least now!