solved: ImportDialog EventName is not working properly

Ralf

solved: ImportDialog EventName is not working properly

Post by Ralf » 21 Jan 19 15:03

With the version .1911 it works now, exactly as it should be - thanks

Hello,
Unfortunately I found another mistake.
In the Import dialog, I put in the custom fields EventName and save the profile. After doing everything is fine.
01-Import Dialog.jpg
01-Import Dialog.jpg (32.91 KiB) Viewed 218 times
03-EventName no Textfield.jpg
03-EventName no Textfield.jpg (7.23 KiB) Viewed 218 times
With the second import I load the attitudes and the field EventName is there no longer a variable with% Zeichen but a text field.
02-EventName Textfield.jpg
02-EventName Textfield.jpg (4.35 KiB) Viewed 218 times
also a new change and absprezer brings the same result

greeting
  Ralf
Last edited by Ralf on 24 Jan 19 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

Ralf

Re: ImportDialog EventName is not working properly

Post by Ralf » 22 Jan 19 18:05

I have to annoy again, maybe someone has a Woraround for me or someone can say that this is a mistake.
If so, you can report that somewhere or this is enough in the forum.
Because without it is really tedious to import so many photos into the catalog and adjust each process manually. The waiting time of the program takes a long time.
Thank you for your patience

greeting
  Ralf
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

Hert

Post by Hert » 23 Jan 19 14:43

Did you already file a ticket in Mantis for this? And don't forget to include steps to reproduce it there (in what field are you using %EventName, when does it change to T EventName). Thank you
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Ralf

Post by Ralf » 23 Jan 19 14:51

No I have not, have just seen about other posts that there is. I'll try that
Ralf
(Excuse my english)

Stephen

Post by Stephen » 24 Jan 19 0:40

Ralf, you should do another test. I had something similar recently using V3. I just tried again and it looked like the mistake was going to reoccur, but it didn't.

I first selected the import profile I wanted. Then I clicked on Custom defined (at bottom) to verify the commands and indeed %EventName had changed to T EventName.

Photo SupremeScreenSnapz193.jpg
Photo SupremeScreenSnapz193.jpg (200.54 KiB) Viewed 129 times
Photo SupremeScreenSnapz193.jpg
Photo SupremeScreenSnapz193.jpg (200.54 KiB) Viewed 129 times
However, when I proceeded to import the test file I was prompted for an event name and the import functioned correctly. That is why I say you should verify.

Why the command line has changed I cannot answer.
Attachments
Photo SupremeScreenSnapz194.jpg
Photo SupremeScreenSnapz194.jpg (92.97 KiB) Viewed 129 times
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

sanphotgn

Post by sanphotgn » 24 Jan 19 3:44

I tested this, again, today. I chose a file name based on Event Name. I looked at the Custom defined to see if Event Name was %EventName or T EventName. It was T EventName. So, choosing one of the defaults that includes Event Name, creates T EventName.

I can't help but think this needs to be enabled:

prompt_for_event.PNG
prompt_for_event.PNG (28.77 KiB) Viewed 123 times

I saved the profile. Closed out PSU. Opened it. Used the same profile and it worked.
Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2602 (64 bits) (Windows)

Ralf

Post by Ralf » 24 Jan 19 11:22

I did it the same way and after reopening PSU was the same error, he asks for the EventName, but does not write the content but the name EventName.

About Mantis I have just got the info the latest update 9.11 from the website to load and try out.
I will do that as well as I find the link;)
Ralf
(Excuse my english)