Versioning on import

Rhod

Versioning on import

Post by Rhod » 12 Jan 19 12:00

I'm not sure if I'm asking for something impossible here or if it's easy as pie and I don't know how to do it. :)

I've set my camera to take RAW and now I want to import into PSu. I'm just doing one test photo at the moment. Is it possible on import to create a high quality jpg automatically and to stack it with the raw, preferably with the JPG on top? The reason for this is I'd like to be able to export the jpg to Affinity Photo in order to do edits and then back into PSu, whilst leaving the RAW file untouched. I know I can do this manually by going to 'adjust' and then saving the file as a jpg but it would be very handy to have it automated.

Thanks

Hert

Re: Versioning on import

Post by Hert » 13 Jan 19 12:43

What is the image format you're using? PSU won't automatically extract previews and store them on disk. If that is what you like then set your camera to shoot RAW+JPG. Then on import the version set can be created.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Rhod

Re: Versioning on import

Post by Rhod » 13 Jan 19 14:43

Hi Hert - thanks for responding. I think you're right - the solution is to set the camera to shoot RAW+JPG and create the version set on import. I'm shooting RAF (Fuji RAW).