download/import skips images

fbungarz

Re: download/import skips images

Post by fbungarz » 05 Oct 18 16:14

If you remove the copy script, will it then copy all your images?
It is not a copy script, it only renames the files. But I have not tried this, because I rely on having those files renamed correctly. Else, I could just import the folder - which works. I had to to that with the previous batch of files that I copied from the memory card via FastPictureViewer. They were simply too many to use the downloader. So, I manually renamed them and then simply used VerifyFolder to import them.

Do you suggest I should have tried importing them instead without using the script? That would imply I also change the download profile...

I haven't tried creating a new download profile from scratch. Perhaps I should...
And you've never used the import feature in V4 before this?
Nope!

Hert

Post by Hert » 05 Oct 18 17:13

We can’t just guess. If we want to know what could cause this we’ll have to rule out things. So if it works without the script then we know for sure that it’s in the script or the script related features
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 16 Oct 18 23:32

It's the script. The images renaming gets messed up and as a result some files are not being downloaded. Also, the script counter does not remember the last number assigned. It fails to store it in the registry.
Disabling the renaming script no files are skipped.

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 16 Oct 18 23:38

...and it is always the 5th file that is not being downloaded. A maximum of 4 images = 2 image pairs (NEF+JPG) are being correctly renamed.