Filter or macro?

Stephen

Filter or macro?

Post by Stephen » 07 Mar 18 1:25

I'm trying to filter around 13,000 images with the same city name.
Then:
Only those in jpg format
and with red or yellow colour coding
but NOT those marked with the custom code "yes".

Any ideas on the best way to do this please?

Thanks
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

Hert

Re: Filter or macro?

Post by Hert » 07 Mar 18 2:36

I would:
Create a dynamic search with all your conditions
Store the search as a favorite
Open your collection with 13k images
Click filter button and select your created favorite
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Stephen

Post by Stephen » 07 Mar 18 4:48

Thanks, I have not used dynamic search much.

I started by saving just a dynamic search where the custom field is "not equal to yes". I should note that this field is not always populated. Sometimes it contains yes, sometimes no, and sometimes nothing at all. This is significant as I need to filter out all which contain yes.
I then selected the 3 folders containing the 13k images and filtered them with the saved filter above.
I then filtered only those images with red or yellow and jpg.
Unfortunately, the end result still shows individual images containing 'yes'. This is important because it's rights management issue.

Did I do something wrong?
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

sanphotgn

Post by sanphotgn » 07 Mar 18 14:41

Set up the Dynamic Search first with (red or yellow). Then add city. Then jpg. The QuickStart-Searching.pdf contains an example on how to group/join fields before adding additional fields.

Then use the Macro to search for doesn't equal yes in your custom field.

I haven't thoroughly tested V4 to see if the following is still occurring, but in custom fields in V3: while they may be empty in the Details panel, they aren't truly empty in the database. In the Macro, one would typically use equals and not enter anything in the field. However, that won't find the empty fields. Again, this was in V3. I haven't tested that part of my workflow in V4 yet.

Edit to add Mantis link regarding empty custom fields in V3:

http://mantis.idimager.com/view.php?id=3112
Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2602 (64 bits) (Windows)

Stephen

Post by Stephen » 08 Mar 18 0:52

Many thanks for the tips