When will PSU write metadata to the file

HaraldE

When will PSU write metadata to the file

Post by HaraldE » 25 Jan 14 21:54

Morning,

In Preference there is a box called "Automatically write out changes to the image file", in the Synch tab. For me this box is empty, that means it is not ticked.
My belief is that changes I do to metadata, like changing the Description, will stay in the catalog and not be written to the file till the photo is synchronised.

The Hint text explaines a bit about Auto Sync and say that when ticked PSU will automatically write some labels to XMP in the file.

Maybe my understanding is wrong? I can clearly see that whenever I change the Decsription, it is immediately written out to the file
I need a better understanding of how and when the file is updated and what this tick mark controls, thanks

Regards, Harald

Hert

Re: When will PSU write metadata to the file

Post by Hert » 28 Jan 14 0:21

HaraldE wrote:In Preference there is a box called "Automatically write out changes to the image file", in the Synch tab. For me this box is empty, that means it is not ticked.
My belief is that changes I do to metadata, like changing the Description, will stay in the catalog and not be written to the file till the photo is synchronised.
That is correct

HaraldE

Re: When will PSU write metadata to the file

Post by HaraldE » 28 Jan 14 1:25

Hert,

I created a Mantis record (1946) for this

Regards