IDimager V4 is now available

News and Announcements
Hert

IDimager V4 is now available

Post by Hert » 14 Nov 07 15:26

Januari 16th the development for V4 started. There were some major plans so I had to take the time to get this version right. A new interface, speed-speed-speed, enhanced version support, better search facilities, fast collections, a new database system for Pro and Personal, and many more additions had to be implemented.

Now, 10 months later the result is there, and I must say; I am very proud of this version. The quality has gone up, the speed has gone up, the usability has gone way up.
A very special thanks to all the beta testers that were willing to risk their data in order for IDimager to improve. Without you all this version wouldn't be where it is now.

A new chapter for IDimager starts today.

Here is the offical announcement:
http://www.idimager.com/index.php?mact= ... eturnid=32

I hope everyone will enjoy using V4 as much as I did developing it.

Regards,

Hertwig van Zwietering
IDimager Systems
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Hert

Post by Hert » 14 Nov 07 15:33

There is a new Control Panel for licensed customers; Find it at:

https://cp.idimager.com

When you visit that site, you can login with your mail address. However, the passwords are still random, so click the link “forgot your password” first to retrieve your password.

Once you are logged in to your control panel, you can retrieve your V4 license or click the upgrade link when you want to upgrade from V3 to V4.

Hope that helps

Hert
Last edited by Hert on 14 Nov 07 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Dipak

Post by Dipak » 14 Nov 07 15:39

Hert
Congratulations! A Job well done.........
Dedication + Hardwork = Success
Dipak:)
Last edited by Dipak on 15 Nov 07 16:23, edited 1 time in total.

george

Post by george » 14 Nov 07 17:12

Hert,

Congratulations! Best product in the DAM category, by far.
George

Struppo

Post by Struppo » 14 Nov 07 18:17

Hi Hert
If i install the V4 Version i get a demo version .

I am registered since 9/1/2007
How can i get registered?
Thanks
Bruno

running IDIPro/desktop
Live is beautiful!
Sorry for my bad english!
http://www.bm-pferdefotografie.de

Dipak

Post by Dipak » 14 Nov 07 18:22

Bruno
Look at the second email form Hert on this same thread. V4 is changed as to how IDI gets registered.

Struppo

Post by Struppo » 14 Nov 07 18:30

Dipak wrote:Bruno
Look at the second email form Hert on this same thread. V4 is changed as to how IDI gets registered.
:oops: thanks Dipak
this is much better-then the online registration.

@Hert
thanks for your fine work with V4 and best wishes for success IDI V4 from germany
Live is beautiful!
Sorry for my bad english!
http://www.bm-pferdefotografie.de

jd

Post by jd » 14 Nov 07 19:18

Hi Hert,

Good work!!

The upgrade form says "Professional" but I want to order "Desktop". Will the Pro license work for the Desktop version? If not, how can I switch?
Thanks!

-- jeff

lenmerkel

Post by lenmerkel » 14 Nov 07 19:30

Way to go - Congratulations!
Len Merkel (Pentax K10D, IDimager Pro 5 Desktop)
"I never could get the hang of Thursdays"

Hert

Post by Hert » 14 Nov 07 19:31

Hi Jeff,

The Pro license works with both the Pro-Desktop as the Pro-SQLServer version.

Hope that helps

Thanks to everyone for the compliments.

Hert

Swa

Post by Swa » 14 Nov 07 19:52

Hert/IDimager wrote:There is a new Control Panel for licensed customers; Find it at:

https://cp.idimager.com

When you visit that site, you can login with your mail address. However, the passwords are still random, so click the link “forgot your password” first to retrieve your password.

Once you are logged in to your control panel, you can retrieve your V4 license or click the upgrade link when you want to upgrade from V3 to V4.

Hope that helps

Hert
Hi hert

I can retrieve the licence, the upgrade link was not working.

Hert

Post by Hert » 14 Nov 07 20:09

Hi Swa,

Can you try it once more? If you get an error, can you tell me which one? The upgrade link should give you a coupon code which gives you the 60% upgrade discount.

Hert

dickl

Post by dickl » 14 Nov 07 20:15

A short comment from a very satisfied customer!

I installed in the wrong sequence. I went to the web page and downloaded, then read the upgrade sequence off the forum. I was suddenly concerned that I would have to repeat the 2.5 hour download on my dialup, so you can imagine my joy at discovering all I had to do after registration is run the licensing component!

A fine process for a great package!

Thanks so much Hert for your effort in producing, and supporting, a great DAM!

Dick

manticore999

Post by manticore999 » 14 Nov 07 20:47

I'll add my congratulations to the list. Hert, you've done a superb job on this release - this is easly the best DAM solution on the market today IMHO! Thanks for all your hard work and excellent support.

By the way - now that 4.0 is out you can change your 'tag line' at the bottom or your replies!
Home is where the heart lies, but if the heart lies where is home?

Swa

Post by Swa » 14 Nov 07 20:48

Hert/IDimager wrote:Hi Swa,

Can you try it once more? If you get an error, can you tell me which one? The upgrade link should give you a coupon code which gives you the 60% upgrade discount.

Hert
The link is not working , error: "This page cannot be found"