Removing location metadata

Roman

Removing location metadata

Post by Roman »

Does anyone know an easy way to remove all the location (location, state, city, country etc.) metadata from images except the latitude, longitude and altitude data?
Hert

Re: Removing location metadata

Post by Hert »

Export To Folder (Ctrl-e) has a metadata section that gives control over what is included
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message
Roman

Post by Roman »

Thank you Hert, that is certainly one way. I was hoping that it might be possible to do this within PS with a script. The reason I want to do this is I appear to have some invalid location metadata assigned to some images. Certain operations appear to cause Place labels to be created from the invalid location metadata. It appears the data is sometimes read from the images without me knowingly syncing the data from the images manually. I am still trying to figure out what I am doing that causes this to happen.
Roman

Post by Roman »

Is it possible to disable the creation of location catalog labels from location metadata?
Hert

Post by Hert »

Preferences -> Synchronize Settings -> Read Setting -> GEO Location processing
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message
Sigi

Post by Sigi »

Hello Roman,
wouldn't a right click and "Geo location reverse..." solve the issue?
Roman

Post by Roman »

Thanks for the suggestion and it might sound like a solution but would not work for me. I started creating location labels under the Places catalog in Idimager long before any geolocation feature was available. The taxonomy I developed works well for me and to my mind is more logical than the taxonomy generated by the reverse lookup feature. I started to use reverse lookup before I noticed the inconsistencies it produced in my label structure as the reverse lookup does not always produce the location labels you would expect. I have over 100,000 images some of which I now have reverse lookup generated metadata which I would now like to remove.
Roman

Post by Roman »

Hert wrote: 10 Nov 22 12:10 Preferences -> Synchronize Settings -> Read Setting -> GEO Location processing
Thank you Hert, I think this is the solution to my problem.
It might be worthwhile adding this information to the Geo Tagging quick start guide.
Hert

Post by Hert »

Screen Widgets are explained in the Tips system, not in manuals.

TipsSystem.png
TipsSystem.png (266.33 KiB) Viewed 119 times