option ignore certain image file types?

fbungarz

option ignore certain image file types?

Post by fbungarz »

I am wondering if there is a way to configure a PSU database to only detect Photoshop (*.psd) files and ignore all other image formats.
I have some scanned image files that I edited in Photoshop to add layers, letters, etc. and I don't want to manage these files in my main database, but instead in a separate one. But the folders with the files also contain the original JPGs, which I don't want to include.
Now, I can manually remove them after adding the folders, but it would be easier, if I could tell PSU to just ignore all files but the *.psd ones...
Hert

Re: option ignore certain image file types?

Post by Hert »

You cannot ignore supported file types.

Maybe Catalog Filter is an option for you?
Add the PSD file type to Catalog Filter to get a catalog view based on the PSD file type.

Of course, you can create more exotic Catalog Filters as well. Catalog Filters are extremely powerful.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message
fbungarz

Post by fbungarz »

Hi Hert,
thanks for getting back. I thought it wasn't possible, but nevertheless wanted to double-check.
Yes, the filters are fantastic. I use them ALL the time.
Cheers,
Frank
Hert

Post by Hert »

Hi Frank. Just in case it wasn't clear.
There are Filters and there is the Catalog Filter. I recommended using the latter. A Catalog Filter narrows down the entire Catalog.

By dragging file type "PSD" to the Catalog Filter you filter the entire catalog.
Sorry if you were already aware of this feature.
CatFilter.png
CatFilter.png (52.78 KiB) Viewed 120 times
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message