File Properties

bwest

File Properties

Post by bwest »

Hello,
I am running a 30-day trial of Photo Supreme 7 and was wondering if it is possible to change file properties from within PSU ?
The manuals do not show this would be possible, but there may be another way.
I find it important to change the properties from "archive" to "read only" after importing.
Thank you
G8DHE

Re: File Properties

Post by G8DHE »

If the Read Only flag is set then you will never be able to store Metadata within the file itself, only the database and associated XMP files ?
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)
Sigi

Post by Sigi »

Geoff,
if I remember correctly storing metadata in the file itself is only possible for some type of raw files. Hert once mentioned that this has historical reasons and that he would not do that again if PSU was to be developed now. Newer raw formats don't allow saving in the file itself anymore.
Maybe Hert can jump in here.

Sigi
G8DHE

Post by G8DHE »

Indeed, but its not all types and depending on use and purpose other formats may well be in use.
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)
Hert

Post by Hert »

In the Import Module you can configure to set imported files as read-only.

About writing metadata embedded to RAW files. That only works for TIFF based RAW files. Samples are NEF, DNG, and CR2. Newer RAW formats typically move away from TIFF; eg Canon’s CR3
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message
bwest

Post by bwest »

Thank you for all replies.

Actually, what I was trying to do was to select a number of images, right-click and then change from Archive to Read Only after Importing.

After having keyworded my images, I want to change the Attributes of those files to Read Only.

Thank you again for help and support.
Hert

Post by Hert »

I've created a script for this.

1. Select the files
2. Right click on a selected thumb
3. Select "Run from Repository -> File System -> Make Files Read Only

You can add such a script to the script launch button below the thumbs.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message
bwest

Post by bwest »

Thanks for your reply.
So simple - just a matter of looking the right place.
Thanks again