RAW previews from RW2 are "small"

OdysseusL

RAW previews from RW2 are "small"

Post by OdysseusL »

Hello, I'm still testing Photo Supreme (within the 30 days timeframe). Now I have importet more than 60k photos (see my first post). The photos are from differen cameras with different RAWs.

But the RAWs from Panasonic (RW2) only are shown half of the size in the preview. All other RAWs are shown by around 40% to 55% (fit in the preview windows) during preview, only the RAWs from Panasonic are shown 100% and event this does not fit the preview window.

Any hints and/or tips how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,
OdysseusL
Hert

Re: RAW previews from RW2 are "small"

Post by Hert »

A warm welcome to the forum.
Most likely your Panasonic stores these small previews in the RW2 files.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message
OdysseusL

Post by OdysseusL »

Thanks Hert!

Isn‘t this true for all RAWs? RAWs from all my other cameras (Nikon, Fujifilm, Canon) do not show this behaviour. How may I change this for RW2 previews?
Hert

Post by Hert »

OdysseusL wrote: 06 Jul 22 10:09Isn‘t this true for all RAWs?
Certainly not...uniformity means that camera vendors talk to each other and agree on something. They don't.
But no, every camera vendor can come up with its own RAW format and implement that they way they want. Some vendors write full size previews (Canon's CR3 or Nikon NEF for example), some vendors write half size previews (apparently like your RW2 files), some vendors write no previews, some vendors write 45 degree angled previews, some write low quality previews, some excellent quality previews, and so on.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message
OdysseusL

Post by OdysseusL »

Ok, so how may I configure Photo Supreme to show me the RAW photo in its original size in the preview?
Hert

Post by Hert »

Try setting a larger preview size in the preferences. After that rebuild the thumb/Preview with Ctrl-Alt-T (Cmd-Opt-T on macOS)
OdysseusL

Post by OdysseusL »

My image preview size is 2560 pixel already. But I try it with a higher preview size. I'm afraid that this will increase my preview database a lot.
Larry56

Post by Larry56 »

I've noticed some of my RAW2 files do not open in larger view too. Now I know why. However, most of my RW2 do open showing at 88%. If helps, I have previews set at 3200.

It's been awhile since I've made settings in Panasonic G9 but maybe a setting there also affects imbedded RAW size?