Overlapping Area names/labels

G8DHE

Overlapping Area names/labels

Post by G8DHE »

Has anyone found a reliable way to toggle between multiple overlapping area tags as in the image below;
duplicate_area_tags-labels.jpg
duplicate_area_tags-labels.jpg (51.27 KiB) Viewed 839 times
As you can see after much fast/slow swiping of the mouse around the area eventually a second label appears!
However its a bit of a random process and I'm wondering if there is a "tab" key which would move between each label in an image in turn so that you can be certain that all labels have been exposed!

If not Hert, any chance of defining a key that would tab between all labels (overlapping or not) to track these ones down!
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)
Mke

Re: Overlapping Area names/labels

Post by Mke »

Make them non-overlapping?

Overlap.png
Overlap.png (157.56 KiB) Viewed 829 times
G8DHE

Post by G8DHE »

Not so easy as they are generated by other software automatically! I'm actually looking to remove the surplus ones, but to remove them I have to find them and I'd rather not have to go thru line/section by section in the Details pane finding the duplicates. A lot of the duplicates have been caused by name changes where Maiden/Married/Divorced names have changed also getting a significant number of Chinese/Western name pairs where it seems changes to the Western name seem to occur on a frequent basis! Beginning to think that each "face" should be allocated a GUID and then link that to a name which can then be changed without being directly linked to the face parameters!
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)
Mke

Post by Mke »

Then there is a fairly easy solution!

If you merge the multiple names in the catalog, that will leave the 'old' names with unlinked Areas, you can use a script to 'Delete unlinked Areas'

In V7 you can add the script to the button here:

script.png
script.png (4.42 KiB) Viewed 767 times

You do need to know the names you need to merge, but presumably it's easy to identify them from the catalog labels.
G8DHE

Post by G8DHE »

Yes that's what I'm doing at the moment and there are a couple of existing scripts which help with the bulk, but its more a case of the smaller numbers when you see them ongoing it would be nice to be able to toggle between the labels for the areas.
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)