Color management

aaturner

Color management

Post by aaturner »

I have never found setting up the color management feature in Photo Supreme very intuitive, but following the guidance and advice offered in various threads on this forum, I think that I have climbed that particular mountain and can see colours correctly on my calibrated screens.

While on this journey, using Windows 11, I found that double clicking (or hitting Enter) on a thumbnail opened the image in Windows Photo. This particular app has no color matching ability, so the colors were not correct. However, I discovered that by entering the Win 11 settings I could select a different default image viewer, so I chose my favourite (FastRawViewer 64), which is color managed and has additional helpful info (eg. focus peeking) and so solved my problem. I hope that this workaround might help others.

In addition, I have a question for Hert: is it possible to make Photo Supreme recognise the calibrated screen color space and automatically assign it to the color management input? I have other software that does this (Qimage Ultimate) that tells me that I have changed my monitor color space and asks me whether I should use the same one on the app.

I find this feature very useful, as I calibrate my monitors every month, giving the calibrations different names. Having two different monitors, the warning helps me remember to use the appropriate colour calibration when printing. If this is possible I think it would be a great addition to Photo Supreme. Thanks.