Can't access v6 database after uninstalling v5

n8vz

Can't access v6 database after uninstalling v5

Post by n8vz » 21 Mar 21 17:51

I installed V6 and upgraded the database. Everything appeared to be working fine. I then uninstalled v5. Now, every time I try to start v6 it asks me if I want to update the database. If I say yes, it is says "The database reports: Something went wrong while upgrading your SQLite Catalog towards version 3028 (last successful step is 3027)" and then on another line "index idxuser_usergroup already exists." If then click "OK" nothing happens. If I click "abort," it aborts. If upon the first dialogue, I say I don't want to update (since it's already been updated) the program closes. I seem to be in a Catch 22 situation here -- a loop of some sort. This ought to be easy to remedy, since I successfully upgraded the database, but I can't figure out how to get out of this loop. Wiser minds on this forum may know the trick! :D -- Carl

Hert

Re: Can't access v6 database after uninstalling v5

Post by Hert » 21 Mar 21 20:46

Thank you for your continued support.
Please update to build 3630 for a possible fix. Download the build from the website and install over your existing version.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

n8vz

Re: Can't access v6 database after uninstalling v5

Post by n8vz » 25 Mar 21 4:44

Thank you, Hert, for your quick and fine customer support. I downloaded that latest build and installed it, and it did, indeed, solve the problem. I really appreciate it! -- Carl