Wrong process name for Script “Sync write direct”

Robosoc

Wrong process name for Script “Sync write direct”

Post by Robosoc » 08 Mar 21 20:53

When I right-click on an asset (picture) and select Script from Online Repository -> Catalog -> Sync write direct (which is the last entry in my german version) the progress on the left lower sections starts, but is Sync Read Direct.

I just hope (but I do have the feeling it does) that it is actually writing and not reading, thought :?

Same behaviour in the last version before 3604, but I don't exactly know which one it was.

[hert; changed the topic title to better cover the subject]

Hert

Re: Wrong process name for Script “Sync write direct”

Post by Hert » 09 Mar 21 8:31

Robosoc wrote:
08 Mar 21 20:53
Same behaviour in the last version before 3604, but I don't exactly know which one it was.
It's a script...scripts are not part of the software. Scripts are little stand alone programs that can be executed inside Photo Supreme. The scripts are stored in the Repository at https://repository.idimager.com. This repository is integrated in Photo Supreme with the "Run Script from Repository".
As these are separate programs, you could have changed that script yourself and reupload your enhanced version.
But I've already change the progress caption now, so no need to change it anymore. In other words: if you start it now it will already be changed.

PS. Any reason why you use that script and not PSU's Sync features? The only reason that I can think of to run those two scripts (read/write) is when you're interested in knowing how long it takes to sync.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

Robosoc

Re: Wrong process name for Script “Sync write direct”

Post by Robosoc » 09 Mar 21 9:48

Hert wrote:
09 Mar 21 8:31
But I've already change the progress caption now, so no need to change it anymore. In other words: if you start it now it will already be changed.
Thank you Hert!

Hert wrote:
09 Mar 21 8:31
Any reason why you use that script and not PSU's Sync features?
The reason is simple stupidity! :oops:
I did not Use PSU for a long while before some days - and I forgot a couple of functions and tools. I did remeber that thre was some function to force read or write Metafiles from or to the file, but I did not no where it was. And instead of looking into the burger menu I expected it in the Richt-Click-Menu ... And the only thing I could find was the Scripting-Function, which I found odd, but on the other hand I thought maybe it is not used by a lot of people and that is why you only have it there...

Yesterday evenening, after all my Synbching was done, I found the right entries in the burger menu and shamed myself :-)