Redating RAW-files

bimo

Redating RAW-files

Post by bimo » 02 Feb 20 19:41

I was a bit surprised when I recently had to exceptionally redate a few NEFs: the date had only be corrected in the xmp-file, but the EXIFs remained unchanged. Is that because I chosed not to allow embedded meta writing for RAW files?
Michael

Hert

Re: Redating RAW-files

Post by Hert » 02 Feb 20 21:41

PSU will not alter RAW files if the option to write embedded metadata is off. Keep in mind that when you enable that option and then redate that the XMP will also be written to the file.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

bimo

Post by bimo » 02 Feb 20 22:50

I changed the dates by use of ExifToolGUI; that‘s a bit annoying not to be able to do it in PSu. What do you think of a batch which executes a simple call to Phil Harvey‘s ExifTool with a comand line (same as ExifToolGUI does) for all selected files?
Michael

Hert

Post by Hert » 02 Feb 20 22:56

You could easily do that with a script. Looks at this script for a sample
https://repository.idimager.com/openres ... C4FE258C54
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

bimo

Post by bimo » 02 Feb 20 23:26

Thanks for the tip, Hert! I‘ll give that a try.
Michael