Google API's ??

G8DHE

Google API's ??

Post by G8DHE » 07 Jul 19 22:05

Is it just me or are others affected, my API key seems to have run out;

"Your free trial is over, but your Google Cloud Platform journey doesn't have to be. To restore your services, upgrade by 4 August 2019."
Is the error message when I log in to the console to see why maps etc are failing.

I must admit I didn't realise it was a Free Trial when I took out the account, it seemed to be an account with a $300 dollar limit only ? Now it appears that it was a Years free trial ? or am I being mislead somewhere ?
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

Hert

Re: Google API's ??

Post by Hert » 08 Jul 19 7:47

As far as I remember, Google stated clearly I got a one year $300 credit trial when I signed up.

Also read: https://developers.google.com/maps/bill ... ost-of-use

And I recommend to set a budget with alerts in your account to prevent unexpected costs.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 08 Jul 19 9:49

Yes looked back at the sign up email and it was clear, obviously didn't stick in the brain at the time! Ah well suspected it was too good to last, so will have to upgrade and hope that the prices stay at a sensible level I guess ..... we shall see in due course!
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

Hert

Post by Hert » 08 Jul 19 10:15

I'm not sure but I believe that you get a certain free credit per month for Maps calls
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 08 Jul 19 18:07

Yes there is a free tier mentioned and I notice on the bills its applied, but I can't find a page that describes the amount, quite possibly most periods I will be under it ..... :-)
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

Sigi

Post by Sigi » 16 Jul 19 12:24