develop changes not showing

MickC

develop changes not showing

Post by MickC » 10 Jun 19 21:01

Any develop adjustments I make to an image file, outside of Photo Supreme aren’t showing to the preview in Photo Supreme. I have imported the images to the PS catalog then made adjustments to the image in Lightroom and DxO however on reopening PS the adjustments don’t show

I have tried Save to file, Read from file, Convert metadata to xmp and Import from sidecar xmp file and nothing changes to the preview image. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Hert

Re: develop changes not showing

Post by Hert » 10 Jun 19 22:02

Welcome to the forum. You can press Ctrl-Alt-T to refresh a thumb. On macOS that is Cmd-Alt-T
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

MickC

Post by MickC » 10 Jun 19 22:15

Thanks Hert.

That refreshed the crop I put on the image but not the other develop adjustments such as exposure, shadows, vibrancy etc. I went to the extreme with these settings for the test and to make sure there was no mistake and only the original tones from import show

Mke

Post by Mke » 10 Jun 19 22:32

Be aware that it's not possible for all edits to show up because such programs use proprietary technology - see viewtopic.php?f=57&t=24375&p=114298&#p114298 (which talks about DxO, but the same applies to Lightroom and CaptureOne).
Last edited by Mke on 11 Jun 19 10:55, edited 1 time in total.

MickC

Post by MickC » 11 Jun 19 9:57

Thanks Mke, I've found that DxO doesn't play well with other applications but am surprised that LR is a problem as well. Makes culling images a bit more of a challenge

Hert

Post by Hert » 11 Jun 19 13:49

Hi Mick,

All RAW develop software store their development parameters as proprietary values. Only their own software is able to generate exact renders of the edits. That includes DXO, C1, Lightroom.
Photo Supreme is able to at least render some of the edits. The goal for this is to provide just that little extra to support for you to better *manage* the images. AFAIK there's no other DAM able to do this.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Stephen

Post by Stephen » 11 Jun 19 19:38

MickC wrote:
10 Jun 19 21:01
Any develop adjustments I make to an image file, outside of Photo Supreme aren’t showing to the preview in Photo Supreme. I have imported the images to the PS catalog then made adjustments to the image in Lightroom and DxO however on reopening PS the adjustments don’t show
1. You might want to check the File Handling Settings* in PSu. (I use PSu to designate Photo Supreme, as PS might be incorrectly interpreted as Photo Shop and some people use both).

2. Then I would suggest exporting your edited images to a subfolder in a suitable location (I put it beneath where the originals are located) and then verifying that subfolder with PSu. By having them in a subfolder you can select just the subfolders to show your edits or alternatively show the edits alongside the originals.

*I use Capture One and have it set to elementary. The displayed result in PSu is not perfect, but a much closer representation than the unedited file. Incidentally, PSu will not display images the same as your photo editor, nor your Windows Explorer or Finder (in Mac terminology) because the colours are represented differently. That is a different and complex theme.

Hope that helps?
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

Sigi

Post by Sigi » 12 Jun 19 12:00

Hello Mick,
I use DXO on a Mac and my edits show up in PSU. Under Preferences I use for DXO "Approximate"

Sigi

MickC

Post by MickC » 15 Jun 19 9:22

Thanks everyone for the input

I can put this down to a case of user error on my part as I wasn't verifying the files after edits. I have also started to set up a subfolder system for the jpgs using the 'Dynamic Collection' function with the relevant keyword and 'type' jpg grouped and it works a treat.

Mick