PostgreSQL: FATAL: database "xxx" does not exist

larmstrong

PostgreSQL: FATAL: database "xxx" does not exist

Post by larmstrong » 10 Jun 19 16:03

Connection to database failed (PostgreSQL: FATAL: database "xxx" does not exist) (0)

Very random message. No updates have been done to the program although I am running v4.3.0.1775 so an update is available. This is 64 bit server edition. I have searched my server for the database file "xxx" and PSu is correct. It does not exist! I had the program open approx 2 weeks ago when I set up a new user and it appeared to work well. I catalogued a few photos while I was there. Then, I attempted to compact the db and I received the error. Now I cannot get into my preferences at all. Any suggestions/next steps? I do have a backup but where is the database?
Laurie

Hert

Re: PostgreSQL: FATAL: database "xxx" does not exist

Post by Hert » 10 Jun 19 19:06

You can install Pgadmin (if not installed already). There, check if you can connect to the database.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

larmstrong

Post by larmstrong » 10 Jun 19 21:56

Pgadmin is installed. When I try to run it, a browser windows opens with an Unauthorized error.

I was able to run a backup of the catalogue and then I ran a backup of the thumbnails. From what I understand, the db should be directly inside PostgreSQL db folder, according to the PSu Installation manual. What would it be named? The thumbnail backup I completed is 2,554,438KB so there is some data there but how can that be possible if there's no database file?

Back to Pgadmin.....not sure what to try next?

Hert

Post by Hert » 10 Jun 19 22:00

Postgresql is a RDBMS and you can’t just replace the database files. Yes they are on disk but you should never touch the files directly. Postgresql manages the files.

Start pgadmin and expand the node of your computer. Then connect to the photosupreme database. Can you? Unauthorized error? Maybe your firewall blocks the Postgresql database?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system