Out of Sync

peterpix

Out of Sync

Post by peterpix » 07 May 19 4:30

I have over a thousand images that are "Out of Sync", with a red dot.

Some have Keywords, Descriptions or user-entered Copyright data in the Details screen, others apparently not.

None have PSU labels. Some should have labels as I know I recently labeled them.

So I wonder what is the best way to go on these images in order to regularise the position? Not sure whether to read or save data.

Peter

Hert

Re: Out of Sync

Post by Hert » 07 May 19 7:27

You probably exited PSU at one point while it was still importing

Follow this;
1. Open Timeline
2. Check if there's a 1899 entry
3. Select the 1899 entry
4. Select all the thumbnails
5. Right click on a selected thumbnail
6. Select Metadata -> Read Metadata from file

Wait for it to finish
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

peterpix

Post by peterpix » 10 May 19 6:50

Thanks Hert

That dealt with some of them but I still have circa 1,500 out of sync.

I am unclear what the information in PSU represents in the Info screen and the Details screen. Is that data in the database or in the file?

I have identified three specific groups of images that may need different treatment:

1. In some case I have lots of user-generated data, keywords etc showing in PSU, but the images are still out of sync. Do I read or write data?

2. In other out of sync cases I have virtually no data, keywords, etc showing. Again, read or write?

3. Some of these are in version sets where there are keywords in some but not in others. I think keywords are supposed to replicate across versions, so I am not sure what happened here to prevent that or what I should do to correct it.

Thanks in advance for any insights into this.

Mke

Post by Mke » 10 May 19 12:21

peterpix wrote:
10 May 19 6:50
I am unclear what the information in PSU represents in the Info screen and the Details screen. Is that data in the database or in the file?
I can answer that part - it's definitely the data from the database that's being displayed.

Re 1 and 2, if you're only importing and you've not added any additional data in PSU, then I imagine that you'd need to read the data. Although, if you've configured PSU's write settings to 'write catalog data to IDimager ICS scheme' it could be writing that's failed, even if you've added no data in PSU. But I can't think of a good reason not to try reading and writing.

Re 3, that sounds like versioning may not have completed properly. You could try breaking the versions and re-versioning them.

Of course backing up is always a good idea...

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 10 May 19 20:41

Re 3, that sounds like versioning may not have completed properly. You could try breaking the versions and re-versioning them.
Breaking the version set and then versioning these files again is a hassle. Does a re-sync of all these not resolve the problem?

If the main versions do have all the keywords an alternative might be cascading the metadata. Normally labels would automatically be applied to all versions in a set. It seems strange this has not happened.