Can't delete empty category

peterpix

Can't delete empty category

Post by peterpix » 08 Apr 19 13:15

I have been rearranging my heirarchy to make it more efficient etc. It has all gone well other than in one respect.

I have moved a lot of labels to new or different categories. Once the categories no longer have labels I have deleted the old redundant categories using the context menu item "Delete [category name]".

But I have two now empty categories left over for which the "Delete [category name]" command is greyed out. I noticed earlier that greying out occurs when there are still database operations on the category concerned, but in this case all activity has ceased, I have closed and opened PS a number of times, and have even restarted the computer. But "Delete [category name]" for the two left over, empty categories is still grayed out.

I fear that this may be a sign of database corruption, and wonder what I should do about it.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts on this.

UPDATE: I now see from another post that these categories may be build into the program and can't be deleted - Places and Events - is that the case?

Peter

Hert

Re: Can't delete empty category

Post by Hert » 08 Apr 19 14:54

peterpix wrote:
08 Apr 19 13:15
UPDATE: I now see from another post that these categories may be build into the program and can't be deleted - Places and Events - is that the case?
Spot on. These categories are used by application features.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

peterpix

Post by peterpix » 08 Apr 19 15:06

Oh dear, thanks.

Unfortunately when I tried to put it all back the database well and truly corrupted.

Fortunately I had a backup from yesterday though lost some work from today. Pretty scary all round.

Hert

Post by Hert » 08 Apr 19 18:37

Photo Supreme uses SQLite as the database. That is a very popular desktop database that typically will not corrupt. Possible reason for corruption is almost always power outage during a database write operation.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

peterpix

Post by peterpix » 09 Apr 19 7:31

Sounds like user error then!