Face areas turning invisible

Mke

Face areas turning invisible

Post by Mke » 27 Mar 19 20:48

I've been adding some face areas - the first time I've done so for a few weeks. I can add the areas OK, but if I move on to another image then return to it they're not visible, except when I mouse over one of them.

If I close PSU and reopen it, they're visible again (but closing and reopening a tab doesn't restore their visibility).

...Except now I've written this, testing as I go, it's now behaving as expected - for now, at least.

Anyone else encountered this?

(using build 2032, by the way)

Mke

Re: Face areas turning invisible

Post by Mke » 27 Mar 19 20:50

And now I've posted the above it's misbehaving again.

Hert

Post by Hert » 28 Mar 19 12:26

Can you try to determine at what point they disappear? And I assume that by "disappear" you mean that the label disappears from the image? Because the frame is expected to only be visible when hovered.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Mke

Post by Mke » 28 Mar 19 13:55

This was getting so annoying that I wiped and reinstalled PSU this morning and it now appears to be working as expected - I'll post again if not with additional information if that turns out not to be the case.

But yes, it was the label that was disappearing, so it appeared that there were no faces areas tagged on the image at all.

Mke

Post by Mke » 30 Mar 19 1:02

Unfortunately the problem has now returned. I tried opening (i.e. clicking on thumbnail to enlarge it for labelling) several images and in all cases no area labels visible until moused over. Prior to doing this I'd been using PSU to do various import and labelling tasks; maybe the 'forgetfulness' is something to do with this.

Here's a test image I was using the other day, for example:
On opening.png
On opening.png (448.95 KiB) Viewed 300 times
On mouse-over.png
On mouse-over.png (438.3 KiB) Viewed 300 times
And then, after closing and reopening PSU, everything back as expected:
On opening again after restart.png
On opening again after restart.png (404.92 KiB) Viewed 296 times

Mke

Post by Mke » 30 Mar 19 1:36

...and having left PSU in the background and returned to it, it's now misbehaving again.

Mke

Post by Mke » 03 Apr 19 10:08

So nobody else experiencing this? Or just nobody making much use of this feature?