solved: Face recognition and categories - I forgive

Ralf

solved: Face recognition and categories - I forgive

Post by Ralf » 05 Feb 19 17:58

Hello,
I have a question that has been discussed here many times but I still do not understand. I suspect it is due to my English.

Currently I've done a little mess (but still have my backup) and do not climb through and try it with tests on. So here is the question for an answer that will help me enormously

I looked for a lot of faces in Lightroom which were then marked.
1. Are these 1: 1 taken over in PSU and also displayed there, so assigned?
2. where should the categories lie, in Miscellaneous or in person

Thanks for every little hint
Last edited by Ralf on 08 Feb 19 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

Hert

Re: Face recognition and categories - I forgive

Post by Hert » 05 Feb 19 23:30

In PSU faces are recognized as areas. Open an image to see the areas. You can also open States-With Areas
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Ralf

Post by Ralf » 07 Feb 19 11:25

thank you for the information,
the categories / keywords from Lightroom of the person markings lie with me in PSU after the import under the German word "person", if I now create such a mark in the picture again and which wants to assign a name, then he finds no existing.

I put as an example in the categories / keywords People (the English word) so he finds this immediately and is suggested when typing.

Can one adjust somehow or is there a trick that he takes from the category person (German word) the names instead of from the category person (English word)?

I hope that I have expressed myself clearly
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

Hert

Post by Hert » 07 Feb 19 13:36

Sounds like you have two top level categories for Person, one the English and one the German. PSU will look for area label only in the designated People category and from how you describe it, that is the English version. What you need to do is move all your labels from the German to the English category (switch off-auto-sync first). Then rename the English People category to the German term. Then delete the old German category.

SO:
1. Switch off auto-sync (if enabled)
2. Expand the German People category
3. Select all top level labels in that category (hold down Ctrl or Cmd on macOS while clicking; Shift click should also work for a range)
4. Drag all selected labels to the English People category
5. Rename English category (which now contains all names) to the German name
6. Delete the old German People category
7. Switch on auto-sync again (if needed)
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Ralf

Post by Ralf » 07 Feb 19 18:05

wow, thanks for the prompt help.
I'll try that tomorrow or the day after tomorrow after a backup and report here
Ralf
(Excuse my english)

Ralf

Re: solved: Face recognition and categories - I forgive

Post by Ralf » 08 Feb 19 20:01

everything works great, thanks again :D
Ralf
(Excuse my english)