Need help with keywords and Catalog labels

Alan

Need help with keywords and Catalog labels

Post by Alan » 27 Jan 19 22:18

Hi,

I'm new at PhotoSupreme. After importing my images, where did my keywords go. In assign I get a small subset that PhotoSupreme wants to show me but not anything like the whole list I had. I'm sure I'm just missing something simple here.

Cheer

Stephen

Re: Need help with keywords and Catalog labels

Post by Stephen » 28 Jan 19 1:57

If PSu does not know where to put keywords (depends on the program used to create them), then you will find them here:

Go to Catalog >By Category >Miscellaneous. When you click on any keyword and right-click Details, you will be able to select where you wish that keyword to be placed. I advise you to go slowly and think carefully how you want to build your label catalog. You can choose whether to create a keyword from the label, as labels and keywords are not the same thing. PSu is a cataloging software, which you might not be familiar with. There are further tips in the help guides.
Last edited by Stephen on 04 Feb 19 3:06, edited 1 time in total.
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

Hert

Post by Hert » 28 Jan 19 9:14

Good advise from Stephen...go slow.
Stephen wrote:
28 Jan 19 1:57
When you click on any keyword and right-click Details, you will be able to select where you wish that keyword to be placed.
In addition; you can also select multiple catalog labels (Ctrl+click on Windows, Cmd+click on macOS) and use the "edit" method explained by Stephen or drag them to a new parent.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Alan

Post by Alan » 28 Jan 19 21:44

Hi Stephen & Hert,

The attached shows what I have under Miscellaneous. I am have been using IMatch so I'd tried the IMatch importer, perhaps that is the problem. The keywords are in the files but, it appears, not in the PSu catalog.

So have I screwed this up? Can it be fixed?

Cheers,
Alan
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (177.1 KiB) Viewed 738 times

Hert

Post by Hert » 28 Jan 19 21:49

Hi Alan, best to start with a new catalog and import the files from the file system (not the IMatch import, which is for imatch 3). I assume there are keywords in the files?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Alan

Post by Alan » 28 Jan 19 22:00

Hi Hert,

Yes there are keywords in the files. I'm now guessing I can't import the structure for the keyword. I'll have to recreate it in PSu, perhaps in an updated simpler form.

Cheers,
Alan

Hert

Post by Hert » 28 Jan 19 22:10

Doesn’t IMatch store hierarchical keywords?

Alan

Post by Alan » 28 Jan 19 22:14

Yes it does. So it will be imported. This is good to know.

Cheers,
Alan

Alan

Post by Alan » 02 Feb 19 1:03

Hi,

I have run the Import Ingest Wizard and it hangs at 90%. It was at 90% Monday morning when I left town and was still at 90% Friday afternoon when I returned. It appears only thumbs were imported.

Cheers,
Alan

Stephen

Post by Stephen » 02 Feb 19 5:58

You did not say how images you have, but cataloging with many keywords is very processor intensive, so perhaps that was the problem.
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

Alan

Post by Alan » 02 Feb 19 6:18

I've got about 83,400 images.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » 04 Feb 19 3:11

If you tried to import them all at once, then that was possibly the problem. Try in smaller batches, maybe 10,000 at a time... ? Probably your computer is having problems with the amount of data being processed by PSu. Think about filling a swimming pool of the first time. Later you will only be topping it up at intervals.