Set location simultaneously with GPX

lippe

Set location simultaneously with GPX

Post by lippe » 03 Nov 14 23:20

Using the 'Read the coordinates from a GPX track-log' methode on the GEO panel only read the lon/lat/height. Is there a way to simultaneously lookup the location ?
Last edited by lippe on 06 Nov 14 8:54, edited 1 time in total.
Photo Supreme V3, LR6, FPV, PSE14 - vaio i5 @ 2.5GHz + 8GB , 850 EVO 500GB - WD 1TB - Windows 10 Pro 64 bits- DS216play - EOS 600D

lippe

Re: Set location simultaneously with GPX

Post by lippe » 04 Nov 14 11:24

it seems not... i have to shift+ctrl+G every image
Last edited by lippe on 06 Nov 14 8:54, edited 1 time in total.
Photo Supreme V3, LR6, FPV, PSE14 - vaio i5 @ 2.5GHz + 8GB , 850 EVO 500GB - WD 1TB - Windows 10 Pro 64 bits- DS216play - EOS 600D

snowman1

Re: Set location simutaniously with GPX

Post by snowman1 » 05 Nov 14 0:37

Hi Lippe
What you need is reverse lookup rather than lookup. And once you have the co-ordinates loaded from the GPX file simply select the images (if they aren't already selected from the GPX operation) and click on reverse lookup. You don't need to do each one individually.
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------

Hert

Re: Set location simutaniously with GPX

Post by Hert » 05 Nov 14 10:15

Snowman1 is right. You can do it in Batch, either by using his outlined method or using a batch or pressing Ctrl+Shift+G on a series of selected images. But don't let that hold you from logging a feature request in mantis.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

lippe

Re: Set location simultaneously with GPX

Post by lippe » 06 Nov 14 0:37

Hi Richard,

Indeed, Ctrl+Shift+G is the reverse lookup. I'm was looking for a way for doing the GPX-point and Ctrl+Shift+G in one operation. I don't like to use the batch panel for this: First i have to edit the batch for every new GPX file, and i have no map to control what is going on.
Like you suggested, pressing Ctrl+Shift+G while the images still are selected from the GPX-point operation will do reverse lookup.

Hert,
The "Read the coordinates from a GPX track-log" methode is fairly new for me, so i have to experiment to find the best workflow. As the time difference between the digital camera and the GPS device is very crucial, if have to verify by random sampling and visually verifying the position on the map, both devices are in sync. Once this is fine, i like to apply coordinates and location from the remaining images in one operation. So i will make a feature request in mantis.