Read sidecar XMP file

stefan144

Read sidecar XMP file

Post by stefan144 » 23 Jan 14 21:32

Hi,
here is anothe newbie question: I imported a JPG 01.jpg with the embedded keyword 'd02' and the origonal NEF 01.NEF with a XMP sidecar file which contains metadata like this:

Code: Select all

<rdf:Description rdf:about=""
    xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
   <dc:subject>
    <rdf:Bag>
     <rdf:li>kran</rdf:li>
    </rdf:Bag>
   </dc:subject>
  </rdf:Description>
So the file have differents keywords.

1) At the first import with default settings the XMP was not read and the keyword didn't get into PSU. After some 'Context menu->Metadate->Read Metadata from File' the keyword was read. But it should go in the first import?

2) The two files are shown as version set. If a label is assigned to one image, it is assigned also to the other image. How can different labels be assigned to images from a version set?

Thanks, Stefan

Hert

Re: Read sidecar XMP file

Post by Hert » 24 Jan 14 9:52

stefan144 wrote:1) At the first import with default settings the XMP was not read and the keyword didn't get into PSU. After some 'Context menu->Metadate->Read Metadata from File' the keyword was read. But it should go in the first import?
Depending on your Preference setting for Synchronize->Read, Catalog Label will be create on import.
2) The two files are shown as version set. If a label is assigned to one image, it is assigned also to the other image. How can different labels be assigned to images from a version set?
The concept of a version set is that it is considered to be a single entity for the database. Catalog Labels are for the entire version set

Hert

stefan144

Re: Read sidecar XMP file

Post by stefan144 » 24 Jan 14 17:29

For some peculiarities of my RAW converter I have to use keywords like d01, d02... inside the jpgs to track them to a specific development setting. But when the same metadata from the version set is written back to all the files the difference is gone. So this kind of versioning doesn't work for me, but at least it can be turned off while importing.

Thanks, Stefan