how can visualize all the image without these labels?

mantras

how can visualize all the image without these labels?

Post by mantras » 14 Oct 13 11:12

Hi

i have lots of photos with the labels Black and white and many others with label beautiful and other woman

how can i visualize all the photos without the labels black and white,beautiful,woman

i tried filter and dinamic search but i was not able to visualize all the photos in my catalog without these labels

can i do it?
i did with filter , i select the 3 labels under labels and invert filter
but in the results there are photos with the label beautiful /black and white

thanks
Photo Supreme Evangelist ,windows 10 & macos Sierra & high sierra ,photosupreme 4, lightroom & photoshop cc

mphillips

Re: how can visualize all the image without these labels?

Post by mphillips » 14 Oct 13 11:35

Hi

If you add each label to the dynamic search and then right click on that label in the dynamic search and select Exclude from Search.

Then run the dynamic search

This may give you the results you want

Thanks

MikeP
Mike Phillips
http://www.mikeandmorag.co.za
D800, CNX2, Supreme

mantras

Post by mantras » 14 Oct 13 16:50

mphillips wrote:Hi

If you add each label to the dynamic search and then right click on that label in the dynamic search and select Exclude from Search.

Then run the dynamic search

This may give you the results you want

Thanks

MikeP
thanks!
do you know would be really nice the ability to select more labels with ctrl+click or shift+mouse click?

cheers
Photo Supreme Evangelist ,windows 10 & macos Sierra & high sierra ,photosupreme 4, lightroom & photoshop cc

jstartin

Post by jstartin » 14 Oct 13 18:43

mantras wrote:do you know would be really nice the ability to select more labels with ctrl+click or shift+mouse click?
You can click on a label and then press the space bar to add it to the dynamic search. I find this works very well.

The thing is, the way to get combinations of labels (and other properties) represented in the collection viewer is through dynamic search which includes AND/OR combinations and exclusion. A simple multiple selection of labels without the "extras" would be a backwards step. An interface to dynamic search that uses key/mouse combinations usually associated with multiple selection could be very confusing for users.
Jim (Photo Supreme: AMD Quad-Core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor 3.2 GHz; internal AMD Radeon™ HD7560D; 4GB DDR3 SDRAM; Win10x64)

mantras

Post by mantras » 14 Oct 13 18:56

jstartin wrote:
mantras wrote:do you know would be really nice the ability to select more labels with ctrl+click or shift+mouse click?
You can click on a label and then press the space bar to add it to the dynamic search. I find this works very well.

The thing is, the way to get combinations of labels (and other properties) represented in the collection viewer is through dynamic search which includes AND/OR combinations and exclusion. A simple multiple selection of labels without the "extras" would be a backwards step. An interface to dynamic search that uses key/mouse combinations usually associated with multiple selection could be very confusing for users.
Hi Jim
thanks a lot

i did not know about the spacebar , did not find it in the quick manual

mantras

Post by mantras » 15 Oct 13 7:22

jstartin wrote:

hi
use the space bar is the faster way to send to dynamic search ?
and to select many labels the faster way is dinamic search or filter?

do you think that click on a label and ctrl or shift would be better to select several labels?

thanks