Can't import media pro catalog "Access Violation"

harryshin

Can't import media pro catalog "Access Violation"

Post by harryshin » 13 Jul 13 15:46

Hi:
1. I'm in the processof trying to find an alternative to Expression Media (and Media Pro). This Photo Supreme seems promising, it even has a method to directly migrate Media Pro catalogs but when I do so, I get this error message "Access Violation (0)" and as far as I can tell, I do have read/ write permission on the catalog (basically, I'm the only person who uses this cpu etc...)

2. What in the world is going on and what's the fix???

Thanks in advance for any help. Harry

Hert

Re: Can't import media pro catalog "Access Violation"

Post by Hert » 13 Jul 13 20:55

Welcome to the forum.

What step are you doing that raises this error?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

harryshin

Post by harryshin » 13 Jul 13 23:30

Hi:

1. I open up photo supreme, then go to "Data--> Import from Media Pro", I then find the Media Pro or Expression Media File, click "open" and then click on "yes" for the next dialog box and then get the error message of "Access Violation (0)"

I need some help here.

Thanks. Harry

Hert

Post by Hert » 13 Jul 13 23:36

The application expects a certain format and of course it's always possible that older or newer versions of their application generates slightly different content. Another thing possible is that your file contains some unexpected data in it.

Can you send me a copy of your file so I can try it here? Support@idimager.com
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

harryshin

Post by harryshin » 13 Jul 13 23:43

thanks for the quick reply; I'll send a media pro file and expressions media file.

Thanks. Harry

Hert

Post by Hert » 14 Jul 13 8:51

Thank you for the files.

Am I correct that you've sent me a database file? The import doesn't import a database but an export file that can be created with MediaPro. Make sure that you first make that export and then select that export file to import to PSU. The file should have the XML file extension.

Unfortunately I don't have MediaPro so I can't tell you how to create a XML export file with MediaPro.
Hert