New Format

dheaton

New Format

Post by dheaton » 11 Jul 13 23:09

I just reformatted my computer and now am installing PS again. I backed it up before the format and when I restore it there are just the few sample files and none of mine. I must not be doing the restore correct. Can some one walk me through it.
Also it says I have 2 more days of the trial. How do I get it regestered again.

Thanks

DirkS

Re: New Format

Post by DirkS » 12 Jul 13 5:09

Also it says I have 2 more days of the trial. How do I get it regestered again.
You can download the registration file from the user control panel (cp.idimager.com) and copy it to the program directory.

Gr.
Dirk
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.

dheaton

Post by dheaton » 15 Jul 13 16:34

Thanks for the reply Dirk.

Now does anyone have any help on the restore? When I click restore it takes maybe 1 second and does not restore anything. I did a complete backup before my format and have it in a certain folder but the restore does not seem to work. Any help?

Hert

Post by Hert » 15 Jul 13 23:03

A backup/restore is a simple file copy operation.

If the restore won't work then try to manually copy the files from the backup to the "%localappdata%\IDimager Systems, Inc" folder (without the quotes).

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

dheaton

Post by dheaton » 15 Jul 13 23:46

Thanks Hert

Is the PSU restore looking for a particular file or bunches of files? I have 10 files along with 2 folders called "ImportProfiles and TransferProfiles" Would I just copy all of them into the appdata folder?

IDimager wrote:A backup/restore is a simple file copy operation.

If the restore won't work then try to manually copy the files from the backup to the "%localappdata%\IDimager Systems, Inc" folder (without the quotes).

Hert

Hert

Post by Hert » 16 Jul 13 0:01

is there a catalog file? if so, copy that to the Catalog sub folder
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

dheaton

Post by dheaton » 16 Jul 13 0:43

There is a "favorites.idimager.cat.idi, favorites.Master.cat.idi, Master.cat, Master.thumbs"
Are any or all of these need to be copied?

IDimager wrote:is there a catalog file? if so, copy that to the Catalog sub folder

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 16 Jul 13 1:23

My catalog database file is named "idimager.cat.db". I believe this is the default name given to the catalog database. It is usually in a folder along with the thumbnail/preview database, which is named "idimager.thumb.db".

Hope this helps.
Tom Stoddard

dheaton

Post by dheaton » 16 Jul 13 1:42

Ok so where do I find the "localappdata\idimager systems,inc" folder?
I don't know why the simple restore will not work.

IDimager wrote:A backup/restore is a simple file copy operation.

Hert

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 16 Jul 13 1:58

Your localappdata folder can be in different places on different systems. If you are using Windows, you should be able to open a windows explorer window and type "%localappdata%" (without the quotation marks but with the percentage symbols) in the address bar (the place at the top where the path is shown) and it should take you to your localappdata folder.
Tom Stoddard

Hert

Post by Hert » 16 Jul 13 7:18

Looking at the names, I'd guess that the Master.cat, Master.thumbs files are your catalog files (I guess you should know what the name of your catalog is). These two go to the Catalog sub folder

Hert

dheaton

Post by dheaton » 16 Jul 13 14:51

Yes Hert I do know what my catalog name is. What I do not know is why the stupid backup and restore do not work the way it is supposed to. What I do not know is out of the 11 files and two folders that the "backup" created need to be copied somewhere to make it work again. What I do not know is why you feel the need to be condensending when I am trying to work through a problem created by me paying and using your software.
I guess I will just copy all of the files to the Localappdata location and see if that works

Thank you tstoddard for helping me find the appdatalocal\IDimager Systems, Inc\catalog location. I did the search as you suggested and it worked.

IDimager wrote:Looking at the names, I'd guess that the Master.cat, Master.thumbs files are your catalog files (I guess you should know what the name of your catalog is). These two go to the Catalog sub folder

Hert

Hert

Post by Hert » 16 Jul 13 15:12

Condensending?!!
I tried to be helpful, guess thats not appreciated.

Why the restore doesn't work on your machine?? Afaik there's no bug reported for that. And if you think this is a bug then you can always report it in Mantis.

dheaton

Post by dheaton » 16 Jul 13 15:35

Hert if you were not trying to be condsending then I appoligize. It just sounded like you were and I was having problems so I was frustrated. Sorry.

IDimager wrote:Condensending?!!
I tried to be helpful, guess thats not appreciated.

Why the restore doesn't work on your machine?? Afaik there's no bug reported for that. And if you think this is a bug then you can always report it in Mantis.