dheaton

Versions

Post by dheaton » 01 Jul 13 20:00

Hi All

I am having some issues getting the versions decteced. For example:
Colorado
Jpg
Work

Now I have the raw files in the colorado folder. Inside that folder I have some jpeg images that were used to post etc. and inside the Work folder are images finished ready to print.

When I select say 5 files inside the work file and right click on them I then went to "Operations, Version Dectection" It does not find the other files with the exact file names in the Jpg or Colorado folders. I have looked and they are there. Should it not find those? The only thing that is different with these files is the DNG, JPG, and PSD

Any help with this would be appreciated.

David

Mike Buckley

Re: Versions

Post by Mike Buckley » 01 Jul 13 20:29

The automatic version detection capability works only when the versions you want to be detected are in the same folder as the Main Version or a sub-folder of that folder. Does that explain your situation?

dheaton

Post by dheaton » 01 Jul 13 20:32

Thanks Mike

Yes the Work and Jpg folders are a subfolder of Colorado but it only detects the version if it is in the same folder. In Idi. I was able to tell it where to search for the versions. My problem is lets say I have 10000 images of Colorado. Then I add 4 more images and want it to find the versions. It now has to look through 10000 images to find it. If it could search the subfolders then that would help but how do I get it to do that?

Hert

Post by Hert » 01 Jul 13 21:31

David, the help file describes the conditions for automatic versioning:
http://manualsu.idimager.com/version_detection.html

It doesn't have to look through 10000 images, unless you are detecting versions for a file stored in a folder that has 10000 images in the same folder or in a sub folder below the folder where the original is stored.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

dheaton

Post by dheaton » 01 Jul 13 21:34

Ok I see now. It will search in subfolders only if you start in the parent folder. Ok That one is done. Now, is there a way to stack images? For example I have 4 images that I used to create a Pano image. I would like to keep those in a stack. Will Photo Supreme do stacks?

Hert

Post by Hert » 02 Jul 13 3:10

Apart from the versioning, there are no stacks in PSU.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system