Export Exif Values to CSV File

sanphotgn

Export Exif Values to CSV File

Post by sanphotgn » 10 Feb 13 20:54

Is it possible to export Exif values (including custom XMP field values) to an CSV file in PSU?

Thank you,

Kevin
Photo Supreme 4.3.4.2141 (64 bits) (Windows)

Hert

Re: Export Exif Values to CSV File

Post by Hert » 11 Feb 13 9:44

You can with a script.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

sanphotgn

Post by sanphotgn » 12 Feb 13 3:41

Hert,

Thank you for the reply.

Would the "Dump Save Table Data to File" script in the Resource Repository be the script to use?

Thanks,

Kevin

sanphotgn

Post by sanphotgn » 30 Mar 13 15:57

Hi Hert,

You wrote we could export exif values to a csv file with a script.

I downloaded the "Dump Save Table Data to File" script from the Resource Repository and tried it without success. I changed the table name per the instructions. The error occurs on Line 16 - Unknown Identifier Member Open.

Ideally I would like a script that pulls just a few fields and not the entire table.

Is this possible?

Thank you for your assistance,

Kevin

sanphotgn

Post by sanphotgn » 01 Jul 13 1:49

Hi Hert,

I haven't been able to figure out how to use the "Dump Save Table Data to File" script to export data.

If I change this:

const
cTable = 'idProp';

To this:

const
cTable = 'idCatalogItem';

I get an error on Line 16: Unknown member identifier: 'Open'.

If I try this:

const
cTable = [idCatalogItem];

I get: Access violation.

Thanks,

Kevin

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 01 Jul 13 4:16

Kevin,

You might want to try the Quick Read and Save Meta Tags script. It writes exif and iptc metadata to a txt file. I downloaded it as is from the repository and it ran fine on my system with one image selected. I don't know about xmp custom fields. Perhaps there is some way to modify this script to include those. I'm not real familiar with delphi so I can't help you with that.
Tom Stoddard

sanphotgn

Post by sanphotgn » 01 Jul 13 21:50

Tom,

Thanks. That worked, but not in the format I can use to import into another database.

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 02 Jul 13 1:58

Yeah, I figured that would be the case but I thought the script might provide a starting point or at least some clues as to how to get metadata out of your images. What I'm not sure about is whether the script is reading the metadata from the actual files or from the catalog. I'd be curious to know. I've experimented a little bit and haven't found a way to get the script to include custom fields. I've also considered the fact that different files could contain different sets of metadata tags so trying to output them into a csv file, or some other file format easily imported into a database, could be challenging unless you are able to specify only the fields you want and even then the output routine would have to know to allow for null or missing values. Perhaps accessing the database directly would be a better solution.
Tom Stoddard

sanphotgn

Post by sanphotgn » 02 Jul 13 21:40

I appreciate you pointing me to the script to try out. I looked at the code to see if I could figure it out and modify ... and I am unable to figure it out. The script is reading the metadata from the catalog (the underlying database).
Perhaps accessing the database directly would be a better solution.
This is the direction I am now taking.

I am using the SQLite Manager Add-on for Firefox to access the database: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... e-manager/

I found my custom XMP fields.

I am now trying to figure out the SQL needed.

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 02 Jul 13 22:49

Where are the custom XMP fields stored? I've been looking at an old backup of my catalog database and haven't been able to figure much out. I don't have any custom xmp fields so I'm not bothering to look for any but I'm wondering where the metadata values are stored. I'm guessing that they are hidden in one of the Blob fields, like the idData column of the idImageData table. I don't see anywhere else where metadata appears to be stored. Am I missing something?
Tom Stoddard

sanphotgn

Post by sanphotgn » 03 Jul 13 1:10

Photo Supreme ... I found them in the idSearchData_content table. The c3ContentGroup field contained the xmp field. The c4ContentValue field contained the value of the xmp field.

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 03 Jul 13 1:27

Wow! Thanks! I was using SQLite Expert Personal Edition and there were tables that I wasn't seeing. I downloaded the Firefox add-on and there they were. I couldn't figure out where all of that data was. I knew it had to be there somewhere. It didn't make any sense. Thanks for the help.

I appears that table using an underscore in their name are not appearing in the left tree panel of the SQLite Expert Personal Edition user interface. I can query the table now that I know it's there but it won't show up in the hierarchy of tables listed. Good to know.
Tom Stoddard