Copy geographical Catalog structure

Mikki

Copy geographical Catalog structure

Post by Mikki » 19 Jun 13 8:04

Hi all.

After some months of testing and getting to know PSu I made the shift from IDI this past weekend.
The geographical catalog structure with flags available in the database that came with PSu I found very user friendly.
However, that is not available to me now, as I converted my old IDI database. I do have a backup of the original PSu database. Is there a way to import or copy/past (or…?) the geographical structure from the PSu database into my current database?

Br
Mikki

Hert

Re: Copy geographical Catalog structure

Post by Hert » 19 Jun 13 15:02

Hi Mikki,

You can export the structure but that doesn't contain the flag icons. Export with Data->Export to Formatted Vocabulary File

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Mikki

Post by Mikki » 19 Jun 13 19:49

Hi Hert.

Thanks for the tip. I've just made the export/import. It worked fine.

Now I'd like to add the flag icons. Instead of downloading from the internet, I'd like to use those that came with PSu - only I can't find them. Can you point me in the right direction on my hard drive?

BR
Mikki

Hert

Post by Hert » 20 Jun 13 13:06

Mikki, the flag icons are stored in the database, not on the file systeem. You'd have to add them manually
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Mikki

Post by Mikki » 20 Jun 13 14:28

Hi Hert.
Is there a way that I can find those icons - I especially thing about the "top level" covering the geographical regions of the world, in order to keep a uniform look. The national flags I can find on Google.

When I try to add a flag to a geographical note, I right click and choose Select (the only available menu item on the pop up menu). That kills PSu (is simply terminates)… Is there any other way to add flag icons?

Br
Mikki

jstartin

Post by jstartin » 21 Jun 13 8:44

Mikki wrote:Is there a way that I can find those icons - I especially thing about the "top level" covering the geographical regions of the world, in order to keep a uniform look. The national flags I can find on Google.
You can extract them from the default database with SQlite Expert Personal (a free program). Look in the idProp table.
Jim (Photo Supreme: AMD Quad-Core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor 3.2 GHz; internal AMD Radeon™ HD7560D; 4GB DDR3 SDRAM; Win10x64)

Mikki

Post by Mikki » 21 Jun 13 14:25

Thanks, Jim.
I'll check that application out and see where it brings me :-)

Br
Mikki

Pharoah

Post by Pharoah » 23 Jun 13 15:04

Mikki wrote:Hi Hert.
Thanks for the tip. I've just made the export/import. It worked fine.
Now I'd like to add the flag icons. Instead of downloading from the internet, I'd like to use those that came with PSu - only I can't find them. Can you point me in the right direction on my hard drive?
BR
Mikki
A manual way ist the following:
You must open PSU two times, side by side (the first with the initial empty db and the flag icons and your new db without them)
Right-click on the flag of the empty-db and choose "Copy" and right-click on your new db and choose "Paste"
Peter................................on.....flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/pharoahsax/
Cam: CANON EOS 5DMK3 and 40D ....... http://www.flickriver.com/photos/pharoahsax/sets/
SW: Win7/64bit; IDI Pro Desktop 5.1.1.7; DXO 7.5; Sagelighteditor V4.4;

Mikki

Post by Mikki » 24 Jun 13 16:39

Hi Peter.

Thanks for the suggestion. That is indeed a more easy solution.
I did manage to get the flag icons out of the database as suggested by Jim.

BR
Mikki