is there a script or a way to purge unused keywords?

mantras

is there a script or a way to purge unused keywords?

Post by mantras » 25 May 13 5:56

Hi

is there a script or a way to purge all the unused keywords from the catalog ?

i imported some photos and after i deleted them , but in the catalog i have lots of unused keywords

delete them manually it's boring because there a lot

i would be really great a script or (i don't know if there is a way ) to remove/purge all the un-used keyword with 1 click

a good dam software should have this feature

thanks
Photo Supreme Evangelist ,windows macos ,photosupreme 5, capture one 12 , photoshop

DirkS

Re: is there a script or a way to purge unused keywords?

Post by DirkS » 25 May 13 10:41

is there a script or a way to purge all the unused keywords from the catalog ?
I assume you mean Catalog Labels?

You can try Find empty catalog labels
I think it will work with PSu, but I have not tried it myself.

Gr.
Dirk.
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.

mantras

Post by mantras » 25 May 13 15:42

hi

yes

to run the script should i tools -> scripter -> load the script -> run script ,right ?

thanks Dirk
Photo Supreme Evangelist ,windows macos ,photosupreme 5, capture one 12 , photoshop

DirkS

Post by DirkS » 26 May 13 23:26

mantras,

Did a bit of testing and the repo script does not work, for various reasons. Most important one is that it looks for *all* empty labels, not just in the Keywords / Miscellaneous category.

So I made a q&d script which should work (did a quick test and it didn't do anything horrible with my data :wink: ).
It does not ask any questions, but will delete all the entries in 'Miscellaneous' that have no images attached.
Download the attached file and then open and run it in the scripter.

HTH
Dirk.
Attachments
delemptykeywords.psc
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.

mantras

Post by mantras » 27 May 13 6:18

DirkS wrote:mantras,

Did a bit of testing and the repo script does not work, for various reasons. Most important one is that it looks for *all* empty labels, not just in the Keywords / Miscellaneous category.

So I made a q&d script which should work (did a quick test and it didn't do anything horrible with my data :wink: ).
It does not ask any questions, but will delete all the entries in 'Miscellaneous' that have no images attached.
Download the attached file and then open and run it in the scripter.

HTH
Dirk.
Hi Dirk
thank you so much!