Missing Topic: Comparision between IDImager and PSU

A forum for questions about how IDimager works
Menace

Missing Topic: Comparision between IDImager and PSU

Post by Menace » 03 Mar 13 18:01

Hi Hert,

nice that you deleting threats and postings, which just ask for the topic of the comparison between IDimager and PSU.

george ask:
Trying to help georg, I looked for some past forum threads. I found one I'd like to see:

IDimager • View topic - Comparison between IDimager V5 vers ...
forum.idimager.com › ... › Product Related Questions
15 posts - 5 authors - Sep 18, 2012
Let's try to make a comparison by our own. I start with this features I use and which is for me important. If other users can continue this list. V5 --- ...

When I click on the google link, I get a message that "You are not authorised to read this forum." May I see this thread please?

Thanks.
My answer was:
Same here and I start this missing thread. :roll: Seems to be deleted; I just ask me why. :lol: Hert was already editing my postings, so it should not be because of faults and wrong comparisons. http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php ... son#p94034

If someone are interested in this list, I made a copy of the first version (when PSU was much more limited) and without the support of the other members. :evil:

Hert, can you give a short statement why you deleting this comparison thread? Maybe this is the wrong forum?

PS.: I already save every posting and topic, even with screenshot, just to remember myself why I spend money for IDimager 4, IDimager 5 Pro and PSU. :shock:

george

Re: Missing Topic: Comparision between IDImager and PSU

Post by george » 03 Mar 13 18:39

Hi Menace. If Hert doesn't like this topic here, he can move it over to chit chat. Deleting posts and prohibiting viewing of past topics is not justified. We are customers who have paid money for these products. We haven't said anything nasty or off color. Hert used to treat customers with more consideration than he's shown recently. It's pretty sad that it's come to this.
George

Menace

Post by Menace » 03 Mar 13 18:58

george wrote:Hi Menace. If Hert doesn't like this topic here, he can move it over to chit chat. Deleting posts and prohibiting viewing of past topics is not justified. We are customers who have paid money for these products. We haven't said anything nasty or off color. Hert used to treat customers with more consideration than he's shown recently. It's pretty sad that it's come to this.
+1. I am angry, that I paid for PSU already. Not because of some limitations, not how it works (quite fine), but how Hert treat us and try to forbid even mention, that IDImager was a DAM-Software.

I was already angry, when Hert editing in my comparison-posting. Not for editing it, but to hide, that he editing it (stand just a edit by Menace, but this was long time ago). I am the last one, who complain about correct a mistake.

Hert

Post by Hert » 03 Mar 13 19:31

Sorry George, a lot of nasty things were said, and some were very personal. That particular topic was loaded with it and I was very tolerant for a very long time.
This forum is for questions about working with the software...nothing more nothing less.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

george

Post by george » 05 Mar 13 20:29

I said nothing nasty or personal. I never ranted about various bugs and shortcomings in either IDI or PSU, nor did I ever rant about IDI being discontinued without warning. Doing a search for another user, I came across a thread I wanted to see again in order to look at a list of DAM features discussed therein. I was greeted with the message that "You are not authorised to read this forum." When I inquired, you responded "The message you got says it all: you're not authorized. Please stay on topic." I thought that was pretty insulting as I'm quite familiar with the English language and I know what the words mean. Then when I asked to see this thread in a new topic, my post was deleted.

You know, among the worst things you can do as a forum moderator is to delete users' posts for no reason. It shows you have no respect for the users or their effort in posting a message. Yes, I agree you were tolerant in the past, but after you deleted at least two perfectly innocent posts of mine, the conclusion is inescapable that you've become very intolerant.

When I've attended various events over the last few years, I've often chatted up the event photographers. I ask them what DAM product they use to keep track of their work. (Most of the time they say Lightroom.) I used to sing IDI's praises about what a great product is was and what a great user group resided on this forum. Now I see many in the group are gone or post extremely infrequently. Most of all, I used to tell people how great the developer was and how attentive he was to the users. All I can say now is that I'm pretty disappointed and feel like a jerk.
George

Hert

Post by Hert » 06 Mar 13 0:06

You know, among the worst things you can do as a forum moderator is to delete users' posts for no reason. It shows you have no respect for the users or their effort in posting a message. Yes, I agree you were tolerant in the past, but after you deleted at least two perfectly innocent posts of mine, the conclusion is inescapable that you've become very intolerant.
I disagree. I host this forum at my cost and my effort because I want to provide the users with a place where they can share experiences to work with the products that we are so proud of. What I don't do is provide the users with a place where they can attack me, insult me, or talk bad about the products without being constructive...and I certainly don't run these forums so the guests can tell me how I should run my business, or run this forum for that matter. When postings in "my house" are not compliant with the rules that I set in my house then I will delete them. That all at my very personal discretion. And when you say "give me access, because I want to see that topic", then to me that is very disrespectful. If I delete a topic then that's up to me to decide.
And if this very topic continues then it will be deleted as well, because this topic is...again...not about using the products. And if the visitors of this forum continue to post topics that don't comply with the rules, then there's no value for the forum anymore and I will even close it down.

IDimager is passé, PSU is the future. I don't live in the past and don't want to spend my time on topics about IDimager "in general", unless a user has a question about working with it. So can we please move on? I'd be very happy to try to answer all your questions about how to use IDimager or (even better) using PSU
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Menace

Post by Menace » 06 Mar 13 10:09

IDimager wrote:
I disagree. I host this forum at my cost and my effort because I want to provide the users with a place where they can share experiences to work with the products that we are so proud of. What I don't do is provide the users with a place where they can attack me, insult me, or talk bad about the products without being constructive...and I certainly don't run these forums so the guests can tell me how I should run my business, or run this forum of that matter.
Nothing of this, was the topic of the comparison between ID Pro 5 and PSU. It shares experience, it was constructive, it talk good of a product (IDimager 5 Pro).
When postings in "my house" are not compliant with the rules that I set in my house then I will delete them. That all at my very personal discretion. And when you say "give me access, because I want to see that topic", then to me that is very disrespectful. If I delete a topic then that's up to me to decide.
You can here delete whatever and whenever you want. There are other Forums, where we can post, so this is not really a problem. Just to say "you have no access" and don't tell, why not, it is disrespectful against the customers. But you are right, we are "only" customers. But to say it clear: Neither was IDimager a gift from you nor was it PSU. I really pay money for this, I make (unfortunately) a lot of advertisement for your products (freely), so I want the same respect like you want, even if it is your house. :roll:
IDimager is passé, PSU is the future. I don't live in the past and don't want to spend my time on topics about IDimager "in general", unless a user has a question about working with it. So can we please move on? I'd be very happy to try to answer all your questions about how to use IDimager or (even better) using PSU
IDimager can still be used, so it is NOT passé.

Hert

Post by Hert » 06 Mar 13 10:28

This topic is heading in the same direction as the first one. I value everyone who support our products, and you are very much so in that group. Just understand that I don't want such topics here, simply because a comparison of the software is not about using the software. It's outside of the scope of the forum. You may (and probably don't) agree with this, but that is not "for discussion".
Topics that aren't complying with the rules of the forum will be deleted. And if members of this forum continue to violate the rules of the forum then they will be blocked/banned for not respecting the forum rules.
And all of this has nothing to do with "i paid for the software". You paid for a license to run the software on your computer and that has nothing to do with posting on this forum.

This forum is intended to post questions about *using* the software. If you have questions about how IDimager or PSU works then I'd be happy to answer them.