custom keyword categories?

fbungarz

custom keyword categories?

Post by fbungarz » 07 Feb 13 6:32

IDI Pro 5 permits defining the top categories for keywords/labels. Is that no longer possible in PSU or why do these labels suddenly re-appear in a category "Miscellaneous"?
Does that actually mean that PSU will re-write THOUSANDS of labels only because one did decide to use custom label categories in IDI?
Thanks,
Frank

PS: I think it would make a lot of sense if importing images to PSU preserves all XMP and labels as originally written in IDI thus avoiding unnecessary metadata modification and thus the risk of image corruption.

Hert

Re: custom keyword categories?

Post by Hert » 07 Feb 13 11:58

fbungarz wrote:IDI Pro 5 permits defining the top categories for keywords/labels. Is that no longer possible in PSU or why do these labels suddenly re-appear in a category "Miscellaneous"?
PSU also allows creating an unlimited number of top categories. The "Keywords" category from IDimager is named "Miscellaneous" in PSU because that better covers the use of this category by the application. The Category name "Keywords" in IDI was misleading and non-intuitive.
Does that actually mean that PSU will re-write THOUSANDS of labels only because one did decide to use custom label categories in IDI?
Not sure what you mean here. The categories are taken over.
PS: I think it would make a lot of sense if importing images to PSU preserves all XMP and labels as originally written in IDI thus avoiding unnecessary metadata modification and thus the risk of image corruption.
It does. What makes you think it doesn't?

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 08 Feb 13 0:37

Since you renamed Keywords to "Miscellaneous" iMatch now displays images that have keywords assigned in PSU with as "Miscellaneous". This means PSU must be rewriting some new XMP to the metadata. I assumed that was for all categories.
Frank

Menace

Post by Menace » 08 Feb 13 9:33

fbungarz wrote:Since you renamed Keywords to "Miscellaneous" iMatch now displays images that have keywords assigned in PSU with as "Miscellaneous". This means PSU must be rewriting some new XMP to the metadata. I assumed that was for all categories.
Frank
Exiftool shows, that the hierarchical keywords (lightroom) and in the XMP-Duplin-Core are also written in "Miscellaneous"; in XMP ics it starts with "keywords". So I have now "Miscellaneous" and "keywords". After an update, the thumbnails aren't shown anymore, I stop using PSU. I am now using a beta-DAM-Version, which confusing my data less. :roll: So I just have to repair again my data which get spoiled by idimager. :roll:

Hert

Post by Hert » 08 Feb 13 13:28

If you need it named Keywords, then why not rename "Miscellaneous" to "Keywords"??

It's just a name for a category and if that new name is not suitable for your workflow (considering your legacy) then rename it back.

Soeme background; in IDimager the Keywords category is intended to be kept *empty*. It is a placeholder for keywords that didn't have a permanent place in your hierarchy yet and needed your attention to move them to a permanent place.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system