cannot compact - database locked?

fbungarz

cannot compact - database locked?

Post by fbungarz » 31 Aug 21 1:59

Hi,
upon restarting PSu, I was just told to compact.
So, I clicked OK and then get a message that the database cannot be compacted, because it is locked???
After another restart, compacting works.
What causes this?
Thanks for clarifying,
Frank

Hert

Re: cannot compact - database locked?

Post by Hert » 31 Aug 21 8:40

When the database is locked for a compact then most likely a hanging Photo Supreme process (IDImagerSU.exe on windows) has the database still open. Kill all IDimagerSU.exe processes and try again.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

fbungarz

Re: cannot compact - database locked?

Post by fbungarz » 31 Aug 21 16:44

Thanks for clarifying.
This makes sense.
I think the problem might be that there are two competing processes when starting PhotoSupreme.
When I start the program I can see a background process start called "Ingest List". At the same time the "Compact Now" pops up. If I click "Compact Now" the "Ingest List" might not yet be finished and then the program reports the database as being locked...

To avoid the problem I yesterday cancelled the "Compact Now" and instead chose to compact the database via "Catalog - Compact Current Catalog".
That went well, no error message, BUT...

Starting the application this morning I am again asked to "Compact Now" - which means the manual compacting of the database did NOT reset this "compact now" message. I think a manual compact should reset the counter for that message to appear.