Versions and Deletion

LifeIsLong

Versions and Deletion

Post by LifeIsLong » 20 Aug 21 11:40

I import my photos into a portfolio and then create versions of cr2 and jpg. I then cull the versioned images while in the portfolio, selecting "Delete from disk and database." When I do this, only the jpg version is deleted, but both cr2 and jpg are removed from the database.

I was expecting both cr2 and jpg to be deleted, but I can understand why only the jpg would actually be deleted since that is the image "on top" and has the selection. At the very least, I would expect, given the steps listed above, that the jpg would be deleted and removed from the database, and the cr2 would remain in the portfolio, the version set having been destroyed. This would take two delete steps, but at least seems consistent.

Thoughts? Is the behavior I'm seeing intended?

(Additionally, the cr2 are removed from the database, I've gone to the folder view and they do not exist. Going to the same folder in Windows Explorer shows the "removed" files. Photo Supreme 6.4.0.3852.)

LifeIsLong

Re: Versions and Deletion

Post by LifeIsLong » 21 Aug 21 11:36

I suppose this is mostly my fault... I now see that there is an option, in the delete dialog box, to apply to all members of a version set. Checking that makes the delete apply to both cr2 and jpg.

I still think Photo Supreme should not remove both files from the database if that box is unchecked. That is applying part of the delete action to both and part to only one.