Custom field with aux:LensInfo (please let me fix a mistake I've done)

fabrizio.giudici

Custom field with aux:LensInfo (please let me fix a mistake I've done)

Post by fabrizio.giudici » 19 Aug 21 8:47

Hello.

Yesterday I spent some time in normalizing lens names, that is to have stuff such as "Nikkor 50mm ƒ/1.8D AF" in place of the more "technical looking" strings that are usually written by camera bodies (often even in multiple forms for the same lens).

But I did a copy & paste mistake and actually used "Nikkor 50mm ƒ/1.8D AF" also for three different lenses... :roll: Now I'm trying to figure out the fastest way to fix the error.

If I look into the XMP I see things such as

aux:LensInfo="180/10 700/10 35/10 45/10" aux:Lens="Nikkor 50mm ƒ/1.8D AF"

That is the field aux:LensInfo is of course still bearing the correct focal range, and I could use it to select a batch of photos and re-applying the correct lens name. Actually I have a macro custom field that shows that info on the UI:
Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 09.39.35.png
Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 09.39.35.png (58.62 KiB) Viewed 212 times
but I see that macro fields don't appear in the "Details / Your Custom Fields" browser. Not a problem, as I can define another simple, non macro, custom field... the problem is that I can't guess the correct definition. The macro field that works contains aux:LensInfo; but if I define a custom field as "aux:LensInfo" it turns out blank (and with a counter of zero in the browser).

I also tried stuff such EXIF.aux:LensInfo with no luck...
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 09.44.12.png
Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 09.44.12.png (327.03 KiB) Viewed 212 times
Photo Supreme + Capture One
http://stoppingdown.net

Hert

Re: Custom field with aux:LensInfo (please let me fix a mistake I've done)

Post by Hert » 19 Aug 21 9:00

There are two places in the metadata that hold lens info. You should keep them the same.

Best to use the script I sent you yesterday. It allows you to change Lems info and it will keep both the same.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

fabrizio.giudici

Post by fabrizio.giudici » 19 Aug 21 9:01

Also tried exifEX:LensSpecification, exifEX:LensSerialNumber, exifEX:LensModel with no luck (all empty).

Serialnumber retrieves only three serial numbers (out of 14 chipped lenses), but they are totally inconsistent - I suppose is camera serial number?

fabrizio.giudici

Post by fabrizio.giudici » 21 Aug 21 7:39

In the end I've been able to fix my error by using queries on the focal length, some heuristics and a few of manual work to fix the corner cases.