Clicking collection name vs clicking on counter

mthiessen

Clicking collection name vs clicking on counter

Post by mthiessen » 06 Jul 21 23:22

Hi Hert,

I notice if I click on the collection counter I can't drag images to reorder them. Instead I get a plus sign and a message about making a new version. If I click on the collection name (or anywhere else on that line) I can reorder them manually. I also noticed the images are sorted differently depending if I click on the collection counter or the rest of the collection line. Yet the sort shows No Sorting for both. I can't find anything in the online manuals, the YouTube videos, or this message board about this.
Thanks,
Mark

Hert

Re: Clicking collection name vs clicking on counter

Post by Hert » 12 Jul 21 8:34

Hi Mark, a warm welcome to the user-to-user forum.
When you click the counter then you get the collection displayed "hierarchical/flattened", meaning all the images of that collection with all its sub collections. In such a gathering of images from different sources it is impossible to set the order for one collection. You need to show the collection singular by clicking its name and only then can you set the order of images for that one collection manually by dragging the images.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

mthiessen

Post by mthiessen » 12 Jul 21 13:27

From a user point of view it seems counterintuitive to me to display "hierarchical/flattened" when there is no sub collection. I wish it could be smart enough to know that if you clicked on the counter, and there there is no sub collection, then it would let you manually sort images.

Hert

Post by Hert » 12 Jul 21 15:43

I understand where your remark comes from.
PSU tries to be consistent. Clicking the counter always shows hierarchical. This to prevent that one time you can manually arrange when clicking the counter and another time you cannot. Currently you can never manually sort after clicking the counter. And that's consistent.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message