Moving photos

crabuback

Moving photos

Post by crabuback » 16 Jun 21 4:32

From the Category tab, I tried to drag and drop several photos to a different location. It appears that it is working - the new destination folder is highlighted, but when I release the mouse button, nothing happens. The files don't get moved to the new location. This should be the preferred way to move one or more files, shouldn't it?

G8DHE

Re: Moving photos

Post by G8DHE » 16 Jun 21 10:02

There LABELS, not folders as in file folders, all your doing is adding an additional label to what is already assigned to the image, it won't remove the existing label, but add the new one. So that is why it appears to remain in the "folder" - category, you need to remove the old label for it to only appear under the new label. Best to open the righthand label pane and Add/Remove labels by whatever method you prefer.
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

crabuback

Post by crabuback » 16 Jun 21 16:40

I'm Sorry, I misspoke. It is from the Folder tab that I tried to move photos to another folder. I re-verified that this morning. I realize that the Catalog Labels work as you describe. I've been able to work with that just fine.

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 17 Jun 21 15:56

Right on real folders it works as you expect at least for me! I can click and drag image(s) to a different folder and then back again no problem. The count in the original folder goes down by the number moved and the count in the new folder goes up as you would expect.
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)