Non-RAW incomplete Label information

Larry56

Non-RAW incomplete Label information

Post by Larry56 » 15 Jun 21 19:29

PSu v 6.2.0.3705 on Macbook Pro Big Sur 11.2.3

I have GEO location entered in a Label and shoot in RAW+jpg.

I just noticed that the RAW files have the GEO location label but the jpgs do not. I have to manually Read from File for the GEO location in jpgs to be updated in PSu. I would have thought the jpg would also automatically include the GEO.

Another thing I noticed is that moving the jpg to a new folder used to (I think) automatically read the file and display the GEO location label in the new folder. It doesn't now.

As far as the RAW only displaying the GEO location, could that be because I'd used a couple RAW processors and they make a change to the xmp which PSu automatically detects and so reads just the RAWs and then updates? I'd have thought that applying a label with GEO location would automatically do that for all files.

Hert

Re: Non-RAW incomplete Label information

Post by Hert » 15 Jun 21 19:59

That sounds like you have a half baked XMP in the JPG files.
Use right click on the JPG and then Metadata -> Convert metadata to XMP.
That fixes half baked XMP blocks by reading the Exif/IPTC metadata (like GPS) from the file and putting it in XMP
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 15 Jun 21 21:54

Thank you. I'll try later. I've already updated existing jpgs but now I know what to look for.

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 26 Jun 21 17:53

I created a new label and added both GEO location as well as location information in Apply Detail profile. When I assign the label only the main label name is applied along with the GEO data and location information when looking at the GEO information on a file. However the label from the location will only be applied and show when I read from file.

Shouldn't the additional label for location also be shown when main label is applied?