Return of field entry problems

Larry56

Return of field entry problems

Post by Larry56 » 06 Jun 21 21:52

I have a problem with entering in a Headline field in the Info panel. When typing a suggestion box of prior entries would show up but I was unable to complete typing, ESC and tab didn't work to clear the suggestions.

What I've found is that I can enter without any issues when only one photo is selected but when I have multiple selected if there are any suggestions I am unable to type anything else.

I found a similar problem when applying a location detail profile to a category. When entering as an example City a suggestion will appear but I am unable to get rid of the suggestion box and if I click on the field below (State) I can type but the City suggestions remain and I can't see what I'm typing into State. Additionally, when I manage to get the City suggestions to disappear I have a flashing cursor in both City and State boxes.

[edit] I did find that double clicking on the headline field clears the suggestions and I can proceed but that doesn't seem very intuitive to me.

Anyone else have this?

PSu 6.2.0.3705. MacBook Pro Big Sur 11.2.3

Mke

Re: Return of field entry problems

Post by Mke » 08 Jun 21 22:53

Larry56 wrote:
06 Jun 21 21:52
What I've found is that I can enter without any issues when only one photo is selected but when I have multiple selected if there are any suggestions I am unable to type anything else.
Build 3705 working OK here on Windows 8.1, so maybe a Mac-only issue?

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 08 Jun 21 23:47

Yea, maybe. It'd be nice to hear if anyone has these issues or maybe it's just my system. Hope not.

gcorbin

Post by gcorbin » 09 Jun 21 15:30

I have a similar issue when entering into the Headline field and Scientific Name field (Darwin Core) in the Info panel. If I start typing and Photo Supreme 6.2.1.3709 64 bit windows suggests the correct entry, selecting the suggestion from the popup list correctly populates the field as expected but the value is not populated into the images or database and pressing enter or clicking off the field does not prompt activity. (No activity occurs and nothing is displayed in the activity panel.) Selecting another image and then reselecting the original image/group of images proves the field value was not saved.

The only way to get the value correctly entered into the Headline or Scientific Name field and populated into the images/database is to keep typing the complete entry into the field and ignoring the correct popup suggestion. I have found no method of successfully utilising the popup field suggestions and getting it to correctly save. It has been like this for a few versions of Photo Supreme but I cannot recall how many.